Skip to main content

UD exhaust brake

More
2 years 5 months ago #226223 by wedgetail84
UD exhaust brake was created by wedgetail84
Is it normal for a UD CWA45 to not have a micro switch on the accelerator pedal to cut out the exhaust brake? I’ve had a good look around the pedal and linkages but pretty sure it’s never had one. Was this common practice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #226225 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic UD exhaust brake
How new is it??? I would assume on these electronic engines it would be part of the "Fly by Wire" computer connection???

More
2 years 5 months ago #226228 by wedgetail84
Replied by wedgetail84 on topic UD exhaust brake
Its 1985 - not much electrickery going on!

More
2 years 5 months ago #226230 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic UD exhaust brake
Being Japanese, (I reckon) there will be a circuit board that looks like a transistor radio, but smaller with not antenna coil or speaker tucked in the steering column somewhere. It will be sensing a few inputs. The brake is probably sensed from the same circuit as the lights which will be triggered from a pressure switch somewhere. Maybe even in the hydraulic line itself.

More
2 years 5 months ago #226232 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic UD exhaust brake
Switch may be on the pump?.....i do recall ,the cutout wouldnt work if the idle was set too high by the button in the cab.

More
2 years 5 months ago #226236 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic UD exhaust brake

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 5 months ago #226252 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic UD exhaust brake
I have vague memories of some Jap jiggers having a plunger or lockout of some description, preventing depression of the accelerator, when the exhaust was on.

More
2 years 5 months ago #226253 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic UD exhaust brake

I have vague memories of some Jap jiggers having a plunger or lockout of some description, preventing depression of the accelerator, when the exhaust brake was on.

More
2 years 5 months ago #226265 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic UD exhaust brake

I have vague memories of some Jap jiggers having a plunger or lockout of some description, preventing depression of the accelerator, when the exhaust was on.

I have me feeling you are right, or very close to been right, there was some small little Jap thingy I drove once that had something to stop your accelerator getting pushed all the way under certain conditions

I have me a feeling it was 22 seater bus and it was if the door never shut fully ?

May be wrong but it was something along those lines and I reckon it was a Toyota Coaster jobby

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #226268 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic UD exhaust brake

I have me feeling you are right, or very close to been right, there was some small little Jap thingy I drove once that had something to stop your accelerator getting pushed all the way under certain conditions

I have me a feeling it was 22 seater bus and it was if the door never shut fully ?

May be wrong but it was something along those lines and I reckon it was a Toyota Coaster jobby

Paul

Having a few smaller Jap trucks myself, I can not say I've even seen something that stops you pressing down on the acc pedal. When you do that it just cancels the exhaust braking via a couple of switches, one on the clutch pedal, one on the acc pedal (both look similar to a stoplight switch)

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by roKWiz.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Time to create page: 0.585 seconds