Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
2 years 2 months ago #230939 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Frauline Friday
Steveb's Schnitzel burger..

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/26915

Can anyone tell me how Much extra Torque the Hi-Torque version had..

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/26914

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #230940 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday

Steveb's Schnitzel burger..

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/26915

Can anyone tell me how Much extra Torque the Hi-Torque version had..

https://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/attachment/26914

Sure can Hayseed

The torque increase was so great they could never quite put a figure on it

I'm guessing and I could be wrong but I feel they failed to find a dyno strong enough to handle so much Frauline awesomeness

Swishman will no doubt have to confirm this unless he can find evidence that contradicts what Im saying

What sez you Swishman ?

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 2 months ago #230957 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Frauline Friday
MRS
m80

Eye twaz born n bred on Yanky Iron
we survived till afew years ago with out metric spanners and disc wheelz
the downfall of the nation Euro crap
LOL

The Mercedes L1418 included an inline five-cylinder engine with a displacement of 355 cc that produced a minimum of 172 horsepower with a maximum torque of 455 foot-pounds, which was a 47 percent increase compared to other class-VII models. It included six-speed manual transmission, six main bearings (compared to other V-8 models with only five) and it minimized engine wear at 55 mph by running less than 2,000 rpm. It was designed with thermal, air-cooled efficiency that allowed the vehicle to sustain maximum speeds for long periods of time with a total gross-vehicle weight of 32,225 lbs.

Info stolen from ovr there for ejacational purposes only

WotSezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
2 years 2 months ago #230963 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
Mercedes produced this eco model but not a big seller so sold it to Volvo who loved the boxy design for their cars.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overlander, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 months ago #230974 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
I read somewhere that this Mercedes Benz was recently sold and is to be restored.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 months ago #230979 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic Frauline Friday

MRS
m80

Eye twaz born n bred on Yanky Iron
we survived till afew years ago with out metric spanners and disc wheelz
the downfall of the nation Euro crap
LOL

The Mercedes L1418 included an inline five-cylinder engine with a displacement of 355 cc that produced a minimum of 172 horsepower with a maximum torque of 455 foot-pounds, which was a 47 percent increase compared to other class-VII models. It included six-speed manual transmission, six main bearings (compared to other V-8 models with only five) and it minimized engine wear at 55 mph by running less than 2,000 rpm. It was designed with thermal, air-cooled efficiency that allowed the vehicle to sustain maximum speeds for long periods of time with a total gross-vehicle weight of 32,225 lbs.

Info stolen from ovr there for ejacational purposes only

WotSezU?

cya
That's a lot of grunt from 355cc. :ohmy: I presume it's a typo and should read 355 cu".

More
2 years 2 months ago #230980 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Frauline Friday
Yes I reckon that your'e spot on Pauly... the hi Torque model was like the Big Block- just a huge increase in not noticeable power, and non existant extra torque..
I was just a kid mind you, so this is all from memory- But I reckon the Hi Torque was supposed to be 205HP as cmpared to the normal 180Hp. However dad had lots of Benz's, and lots of his mates had Benz's, and I don't beleive there was any discernable difference at all... Like all trucks, some went good, some didn't.
My LPS 1418 goes better than my LS 1418, no idea why though.. And neither of them are exactly rocketships.
Dad went through lots of Benz's, in fact the last one he did a lot of miles in was a 1918- and I reckon it may even be the light blue one hooked up to the road train stock crates a couple of pages back. It was bloody ugly, being a low Windscreen model, the 1918's had tri-lex wheels (not spiders, but they looked like spiders) and a heavier chassis, with full air brakes instead of the crappy air over hydraulic junk that the 1418's had. He put a 4.1-1 diff under it, and it would never pull top gear with a load on. And for some reason because it was always "lugging" and wouldn't get up in the revs in top, it used to tear the centre out of clutches, so dad got good at replacing clutches anywhere and everywhere.
(Looking back, it may be more likely that something was out of alignment, but the "lugging" thing is what he always reckoned anyway)
Anyway now it's Shitbox Saturday so here's a few of my Shitboxes doing Stuff.
Have a good weekend!
Cheers
Rich

The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, PaulFH, Southbound, oliver1950

More
2 years 2 months ago #230982 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Frauline Friday
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 2 months ago #230986 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Frauline Friday
I always thought 1418s were 6 cylinders

More
2 years 2 months ago #230989 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday

I always thought 1418s were 6 cylinders

I reckon your right but I dunno bugger all about them except they are special and deserve a mention each Friday because they made a lot of people a lot of coin and kept people afloat during difficult times

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.508 seconds