Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
1 year 9 months ago #236708 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Frauline Friday
Even today it is not unusual for trucks to be lined up for kilometres and take 2 days to get through. Some places have full truck x-ray where the truck drives into a lead lined shed, the driver gets out and they do a full "cat scan" of the whole vehicle. This can take 10 minutes per truck. Most places have 2 sheds, some one and I have not seen more than 3 X-ray sheds at a border.

These are border crossings both ways from Russia, Belarus, the Balkans, Ukraine and Turkey (a bit less onerous).

The trucks are all speed limited and must travel in the inside lane. This results in strings of trucks 20 or 30 long. those trucks with a slightly different (or tweeked) speed limiter can pull out to pass but only having 1 or 2 kmh over the other trucks can block the next lane for two or three kilometres by the time they manage to get past. When it is wet they have to drop from 90 to 80 in several countries.

Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #236951 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Frauline Friday
Well it is Fliday again, by god the weeks go quickly! (said like a true old bugger eh) Anyway lets have a dig in the Puter... I think this was a bloke named Bobby Tresize, of Geelong..

And another of Dad's- "Chastity" again. mighta been up before but hey..This was in Clayfield, in Brisvegas.

Can't remember this one, might have been in Wodonga I reckon?

And finally, I think this was Lawrence Harris, I believe he did a lot of miles and made a good quid in this old darling, way past the time when 1418's days were done..

Have a great day boys and girls!
Cheers
Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, asw120, xspanrman

More
1 year 9 months ago #236970 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday
Great stuff Rich

I'm running a tad late today so Ill have dig thru and hopefully not double up to much

Pretty sure this is a Micheal Fraser photo, at least I have tagged it as such

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, asw120, xspanrman

More
1 year 9 months ago #237237 by Mrsmackpaul
Well hello Frauline Friday, got off to a cold start for Frauline Friday, -4, not worry we are up and running now

Warren Noakes photo : A bit of a rare catch, 3 of S&M Fox's rigs heading back to the Burragorang Valley for more export coal for the Wollongong coal loader. Even more unusual to get one of each of the models from the fleet. 60's.

Shorts Transport,Rotorua.
Sue Montieth photo.

Craig Johnson photo
Mercedes Benz Maffra 2015

Rufus Carr photo ?

Road Developments,Whangarei.
Resealing at Oakleigh,south of Whangarei.
Late 70s.

Isnt that 2224 just the sexiest of things, put a horn on a jelly fish right there

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Lang, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, xspanrman

More
1 year 9 months ago #237243 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Frauline Friday
I'm beginning to worry about you Paul.

More
1 year 9 months ago #237250 by Mrsmackpaul

I'm beginning to worry about you Paul.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :silly: :silly: :silly:

More
1 year 9 months ago #237266 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Frauline Friday
Wee Allis,
Are you worrying about Pauly's kiwi connection? Perhaps a bit too fond of our wooly farm friends? Or the Frauline connection, with all the lederhosen thigh slappin stuff goin on...
Either way, hmmm!
Anyway seems I missed the happy Frauline day, I'll see whats in the 'puter to make up for it.
Cheers
Rich
How about this big girl we had a few years back? Twas a fairly serious bit of kit!

And a little 911 we had too- Arnolds transport had a few of these 911's running around intra state, I've seen a bloke on bookface who used to drive one, they used to do a fair mile apparantly. But as far as I could see, they were so gutless they'd make a 1418 look like a powerhouse.. Buggered if I know what it would be like to be on the highway with 7 cars and all that wind draggin ya backwards.. anyway thats what they did!

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #237557 by Mrsmackpaul
Well happy Frauline lovers, time to take another fabulous trip down memory lane when they were still rolling off the production line in Australia

Okay maybe production line is a over statement, assembly line

So these are at York motors from back in the day

Promotional photo

Penny & Lang from Carrisbrooke Victoria, owned a large abbators and used only Benzes for a long time

Have a great weekend all

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, eerfree, Inter-Action, Lang, overlander, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #237560 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
NMP
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #237565 by Mrsmackpaul
Fantastic stuff, they certainly had a neat and tidy operation

Paul

Time to create page: 0.620 seconds