Skip to main content

Frauline Friday

More
1 year 7 months ago #238262 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Frauline Friday
Cobba I love the little under dogs just as much as the big dogs

The Deutz are my favorite for sure but when ever I see one of those I'm to far away or to busy or to broke, maybe even to married :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Either way I always miss them
Maybe I'm just to slow

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #238266 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Frauline Friday
Geez, I've been sprung Seed!
Ok the reason the ski's are there- Old Donny Stewart who was the previous owner of my KW, bought it in 1971 I think, it was originally one of Hartridge's (so Lang would have been looking on enviously from his Commer)
Apparantly the KW was crashed, and done up by AAA transport repairs (?) Donny bought it from them in undercoat, and painted it himself. He also bought a brand new 35 Ft McGrath bogie trailer, which was the longest legal outfit he could have. He ran it for years up and down the highways and byways, as he got older he did more local, and as he was up Mt Hotham or Falls Creek quite often, the locals used to jibe him about "Going skiing again Donny?"
So he thought "bugger ya, if ya can't beat em, join em!" and bolted the ski's on the roof. And I just left em there out of respect for the history of the noisy oily smelly old girl...
It's a good truck the Old KW, "Red Ken" we call her.
I think Donny may have passed on or gone to a home though, the phone was cut off last time I tried to call him. But we did get him out to Crawlin the Hume a few years back so we could pay our respects, and he could say Gday to the old Kenworth that he owned for many, many years...
So there you go!
Now- where was I? Thats right, a Friday of Fraulines! let me see.......
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, xspanrman, Brocky45

More
1 year 7 months ago #238267 by prodrive
We've all seen this before, but it's cool.....

Seen this too- was it the one Scratcha had, after it was made in to a body truck?

AND - who could forget- remember the old TV show "Bluey?" The "smugglers" were doing something with interstate transport, and
the copper had to go "underground" and pretend to work for Marsdens in one of their old 1418's... worth looking on youtube just to see how basic old TV shows used to be, and also the utter lunacy of a cop show where "Bluey" with his big fat guts and perpetual ciggie had to run and catch people....yeah right! Fun for a kid back in the day though...

And I dunno who who or where this is but it reminds me of being a kid on the ora with Dad...

Cheers!
Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120

More
1 year 7 months ago #238278 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Frauline Friday

AND - who could forget- remember the old TV show "Bluey?" The "smugglers" were doing something with interstate transport, and
the copper had to go "underground" and pretend to work for Marsdens in one of their old 1418's... worth looking on youtube just to see how basic old TV shows used to be, and also the utter lunacy of a cop show where "Bluey" with his big fat guts and perpetual ciggie had to run and catch people....yeah right!
Cheers!
Rich

The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, asw120

More
1 year 7 months ago #238432 by Mrsmackpaul
As you all know, today is another fabulous Frauline Friday and you can thank all the Frauline lovers for Frauline Friday as it is such a important day the government give you the next two days off to recover, pretty sure thats right

Well I spun the old wheel of Frauline Fortune and these pics magically appeared from somewhere on the interweb

Have a great weekend everyone

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, Lang, PaulFH

More
1 year 7 months ago #238437 by xspanrman
Replied by xspanrman on topic Frauline Friday
At the Dubbo truck show 2022.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, PaulFH

More
1 year 7 months ago #238439 by Mrsmackpaul
A show I should of gone to by the looks of the gorgeous power and the glory jigger

I wonder if that Frauline has a glory hole ???

Paul

More
1 year 7 months ago #238441 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Frauline Friday

A show I should of gone to by the looks of the gorgeous power and the glory jigger

Paul

Paul, I'm pretty sure It won "truck of the Show" or a similar type award..!!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
1 year 7 months ago #238449 by prodrive
Of course Seed, would there be any doubt?
Good to see a few of the old chariots making an appearance....
Lets see what we can dig up for the Fabulous Frauline day of the week....

Cheers!
Rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 7 months ago #238468 by Mrsmackpaul
Frauline Saturday just doesnt roll off the tonge the same does it

Well needs must and next Friday will be to late

News at hand

www.rbauction.com/?keywords=located-in-bathurst-nsw

Plenty of opportunity to step up to a real chicky puller, you'll be fighting the Shelias ofv with a stick in some of these rides

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: xspanrman

Time to create page: 0.601 seconds