Skip to main content

Anyone listen to the Copy Southbound podcast?

More
2 years 4 months ago #227444 by 600Dodge
The latest one with Geoff Cootes is excellent as usual.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #227454 by Morris
Nobody has yet told us ignorant ones, how to find a podcast. I gather from comments that is a recorded thing you can get on your phone.

As I love to tell helpdesk people:- I was born before computers were invented.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 4 months ago #227455 by hayseed
Morris, Click on the Link I put up in post number 4 on Page One...!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 4 months ago #227479 by cobbadog
YHes Morris, it is something you can get on your mobile phone. You will need to go to your APP store and download a Podcast server and then search for the topic you are interested in. It can be confusing at first when using one but once you are set up and running you will enjoy it. If you stop somewhere in the story when listening and you come back to it later it will start from where you left off.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 4 months ago #227480 by asw120
I find it can be listened to just as easily on the computer with no apps, or what.

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #227481 by Gryphon
Morris,

a Podcast is the Internet version of one of these;

Someone records a story, an interview, a radio show into a Podcast and then via website(s) you can press play at whatever time suits you to listen to what they have recorded.

podcast

noun
noun: podcast; plural noun: podcasts

a digital audio file made available on the internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new instalments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.

verb
verb: podcast; 3rd person present: podcasts; gerund or present participle: podcasting; past tense: podcast; past participle: podcast

make (a digital audio file) available as a podcast.

Terry
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
2 years 4 months ago #227492 by Mrsmackpaul

Morris,

Someone records a story, an interview, a radio show into a Podcast and then via website(s) you can press play at whatever time suits you to listen to what they have recorded.

podcast

noun

a digital audio file made available on the internet for downloading to a computer or mobile device, typically available as a series, new instalments of which can be received by subscribers automatically.

verb
verb: podcast; 3rd person present: podcasts; gerund or present participle: podcasting; past tense: podcast; past participle: podcast

Terry

So do they have to push play and record at the same time and tell the kids and wife to be quiet when making a podcast ?

asking for a friend

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 4 months ago #227498 by Morris

Morris,

podcast

noun

verb

Terry

So do they have to push play and record at the same time and tell the kids and wife to be quiet when making a podcast ?

asking for a friend

Paul
You really ARE a naughty boy!

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
2 years 4 months ago #227500 by Morris
Options for colours are still not there.

Thanks everyone for the information. I did go back to the original instructions and gave up because I do not know what I am opening or setting up. (or what fees I am committing to)
I do not want it on my computer because although it is a laptop, it only works in the house and Wifey will not want to hear it. Twice I have opened Facebook and she complains about getting all the car and truck adds on her iPad, so I have closed it down again.

I will have a go at putting it on my phone.

As the line in the old Calamity Jane, or whatever, movie goes "Folks are dumb where I come from"

I'm gritting my teeth,

More
2 years 4 months ago #227532 by Morris
Cobbadog,I tried to find a Podcast Server in the apps store on my phone. All I found was childrens' and teenagers' crap including "game of the day" and "App of the day." I also found "Add funds to Apple ID"

It's all too hard for me.

I'm gritting my teeth,

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds