Skip to main content

King pins for Karrier Bantam

More
2 years 5 months ago #228029 by JOHN.K.
In fact ,the correct way to do metal kingpin bushes is to expand ,broach and ball burnish them......this is not likely without the proper tools,although if the bore is a standard size,say 1",then it would be possible to use a 1" bearing ball...............for those interested ,this process is detailed in the green cover Mack manual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #228044 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic King pins for Karrier Bantam
How to do it.

This is probably more up Dave's alley.

Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Dave_64, PaulFH

More
2 years 5 months ago #228045 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic King pins for Karrier Bantam
Lang Precision engineering? I don't think so. Fitting bushes and kingpin with a bigger hammer? Not for me.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 5 months ago #228054 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic King pins for Karrier Bantam
Morris, a billion Chinese can not be wrong. In a few years this bloke will be chief instructor at Australia's top apprentice tech college so better take notes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overnite, oliver1950

More
2 years 5 months ago #228058 by JOHN.K.
There is a Paki repair video where the end is broken off the steer axle .....the repairer is deciding to cut off the gooseneck and weld on a spare,or the weld up the broken one....which he does..........in one of the Paki videos ,the welder shows that he is actually using low hydrogen rods ......so its a good repair.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228071 by wee-allis
No John, NO welded up steer axle is a good repair, low hydrogen rods or not!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 5 months ago #228089 by JOHN.K.
It is in Pakistan.....the welder is being careful not to block any of the machined surfaces ,like the holes for the keys ,and the kingpin bore......the broken axle eye looks to me like its already been welded once before and broken again.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228103 by wee-allis
I rest my case.
Steve.

More
2 years 5 months ago #228112 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic King pins for Karrier Bantam
Lang, If there is a technical college in Australia by then it will be if our Chinese masters allow it. I suspect there will be no need for technical colleges or vehicle repairs as when a vehicle breaks down, it will be recycled into new vehicles at one of the many plants manufacturing them for the Chinese who will be the majority in Australia by then. I have not taken notes because I cannot write in Chinese pictographs (which they stole from the Japanese, anyway) An Aussie friend of mine has three factories manufacturing motor vehicle parts in a major city in China, for export to Australia, New Zealand and a few other places. Some months ago a team from the Government walked into his new factory late one morning and ordered him to stop production and sweep up the place because he was not to use the plant again. When he asked why, the young lady in charge said that the factory was set up with a loan from the Chinese Government and therefor they owned it and decided when it could be used and when it could be used for. Even though it had met the requirements when the loan was given, policies had since changed.

As a major manufacturer he was invited to tour a truck manufacturing factory. When he had seen the plant he asked if he could see their development and spare parts areas. He was told that there was none, as the Government told them what to build and they built it.

He has a Chinese driving licence but on the many occasions he is stopped by Police, he only shows his Australian licence as it is easier and quicker than trying to explain why he as a "Pink" (their term for white-skinned people) has the right to a local licence.

By the way, I do have a Big hammer and also an FB hammer.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 5 months ago #228126 by JOHN.K.
OT,but Col from the sandblasters and a Chinese partner started a cement import business bringing in cement. from China.....anyhoo,they were paying a fortune in trucking for pressure tankers,so the Chinese partner bought three second hand pressure tankers in China and shipped them out here.........I was supposed to get them registered............the condition of them was unbelievable that they could be used on a public road......the only way to fix them was melt them down and make new trailers.

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds