Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Rex's big load eye candy 22 Nov 2021 10:34 #228462

• Gryphon
  • Gryphon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 485
Hi,

I was looking at Rex's business website recently and saw he has a Gallery of the jobs they have undertaken and there is plenty there to interest those who have asked Rex to post pictures in the past.

www.rja.com.au/index.php/gallery

I like this image that shows that if you are big enough they will put a concrete crossing strip in for you.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Southbound, Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Gryphon.

Rex's big load eye candy 22 Nov 2021 16:42 #228479

• mammoth
  • Thank you received: 356
Yep, and in Glen Innes a main power pole was relocated. In spite of that some blades got to demonstrate their flexible qualities.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Rex's big load eye candy 22 Nov 2021 17:21 #228483

• rex
  • Thank you received: 95
Hi Terry and Mammoth.
To start with Terry took it upon himself to contact us with advice on how to make our website look better and for that I can not thank him enough
Yes they will let you provided you pay for it and also put up a bond that what you do will not require restirastion for at least two sometimes three Years.
Glen Innes was reasonable we contracted the Council to do the work they were good to work with and reasonable with thier costs. The RMS contacted us after the work was done and suggested we needed to have our contractor contact them re the changes, never heard another word. In Victoria we will go to great lenghts to use the local Councils and if that fails only the one's the Council uses. On another intersection in Tamworth that was the New England Highway to have decent concrete with a gentle curb at one intersection with all costs to do the traffick management study, engineering and finally the job with full on traffic control. Yes what we did was remove some half dead plants from the intersection and pour some reinforced 40 mpa concrete $340,000.00 plus a three Year bond for a similar amount.
Don't get me started Rex
Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, Morris, overlander, PaulFH, Tassie Dan

Rex's big load eye candy 22 Nov 2021 18:30 #228494

• Gryphon
  • Away
Rex,

is there any steering in the rear or is it all up to the driver of the truck?

Terry

Rex's big load eye candy 22 Nov 2021 18:59 #228499

• rex
Hi Terry

The steering is almost always by remote it can be either the driver or the person elsewhere normally a pilot vehicle. In some states the additional person steering can only be a passenger in a support vehicle. With the larger loads where the trailers have a number of axles the trailer is steered by hydraulic controls normally a steering wheel contected to an orbital valve motor where the person steering is on the trailer. In earlier days we followed the European method where the turntable through hydraulics steered the trailers rear wheels while the system works it has a problem where the rear half of the trailer steers as soon as the turntable moves while that may sound good it has a negitave problem with loads that have overhang swinging where you don't want them.
Rex.
Making a small effort to save the history of road transport in Australia by being in front of Simms
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge :-X, cobbadog, Dave_64, Gryphon, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, Southbound, wee-allis, Tassie Dan

Rex's big load eye candy 23 Nov 2021 21:00 #228553

• Gryphon
  • Away
Hi,

this looks a bit interesting.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter- Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, Tassie Dan

Rex's big load eye candy 24 Nov 2021 06:42 #228566

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
  • Thank you received: 1960
YES

If it aint Red

leave it in the shed

@ times the Euro busses need all the help they can get

n then sum

LOL

'cya
OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Rex's big load eye candy 24 Nov 2021 08:12 #228568

• geoffb
  • Thank you received: 60
Swishy looks more like an upgrading of the fleet

Rex's big load eye candy 24 Nov 2021 17:05 #228593

• rex
Hi Terry
Yes it is one of my toys the truck is genuine other than the colour, The Holmes wrecker was an add on after the War and worked for many Years until it was put of the road by the British authorities for no other reason for being too slow on the road and belive me it is slow. 28 MPH down hill with a cyclone up it's tail on a good day however, we must remember the DiamondT 980, 981 almost 6000 of them helped win the War. We imported it from Europe the reason is that after the War with so many Heavy Haulge Company's it was one of the most powerful while slow but adhesive traction available and the names of the Company's that used them is almost endless. So to sum it up I just had to have one.
Rex
The following user(s) said Thank You: BillyP, cobbadog, eerfree, Gryphon, Morris, overlander, PaulFH, wee-allis, Tassie Dan

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.480 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558