Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

London Traffic 63 for PDU and his mates. 25 Nov 2021 10:53 #228622

• Lang
  • Lang's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4827
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, PDU

Please Log in to join the conversation.

London Traffic 63 for PDU and his mates. 25 Nov 2021 18:27 #228644

• PDU
  • Thank you received: 786
Absolutely brilliant, thankyou Lang.
I left the Big Smoke in '63 and I remember so much of what was shown, but what I found even better was the clip I watched when it was done . . .

For those who suffered through my WheremEye in London, the second clip mentions the London Transport Chiswick Depot, and Chiswick is where I lived. My father was the Assistant Chief Depot Inspector there at the time and obviously pulled a few favours to arrange for me to ride on an RT bus on the skid pad, complete with trainee driver! A truly mind blowing experience. :sick:
In hindsight I would say, if we had not emigrated, I would have become a London Transport employee. Perhaps that was what led me to drive an eleven litre AEC pre-select gearbox single decker a decade later. :)
So many stories of London Transport float around in my head.

Again, thankyou Lang, it has been wonderful to revive so many memories . . .
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by PDU.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558