Skip to main content

Urea Shortage

More
2 years 4 months ago #228983 by 77louie400
Urea Shortage was created by 77louie400
We have enough urea in the country to last until February (addblue) then a whole lot of big shinny trucks become garden ornaments, the federal government will do nothing till people are starving and the state government will see it as a chance to get all the freight back on trains they have not got. Between us in the vintage truck game we could find better than 2,000 maybe 3,000 heavy trucks that can run on just diesel in near new condition, but they need to start talking.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #228986 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Urea Shortage

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #228987 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Urea Shortage
From what I have been able to find - and I know nothing about adblue - it appears adblue goes into the exhaust system after the engine has done its work and has nothing to do with the operation of the engine, only emissions.

If that is the case there is no reason why trucks can not continue to operate without it in the case of a national emergency. Those vehicles with limp mode or complete shutoff when the adblue tank is empty appear to be able to be fooled with various replacement fluids which do nothing for emissions (except windscreen washer fluid with ammonia).

Any comments from the brains trust.

PS Just another case of the absolute disaster of the world putting all their essential products in the single China basket.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Morris, Inter-Action, PaulFH, husky, wee-allis, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

More
2 years 4 months ago #228991 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Urea Shortage
Thats basically true....but there is a computer making sure you dont run without the adblue..............if you want to rip out the Cummins and stick a LW Gardner in the truck,then you can run without it.......but then the auto trans wont work without the EMS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #228995 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Urea Shortage
This Ad Blue crap is one of the things that I decided over when buy The Toyota Hiace van almost exactly 12 months ago. This engine does not run it but the newer models just might by now as there was a provision in the fuel flap to put that extra tank refill cap.
So it runs a DPF instead (diesel particulate filter) which when it goes off makes no difference to the performance of the engine but smell like a brewery horses fart out the exhaust. Sorry if you ever follow Bongo when he farts. Other factors was it was still rear wheel drive and had the highest tow ball rating of 150kg for our towing the caravan. All the other popular vans (not those LDV pieces of crap) are front wheel drive and a tow ball rating of only 80kgs.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #228998 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Urea Shortage

From what I have been able to find - and I know nothing about adblue - it appears adblue goes into the exhaust system after the engine has done its work and has nothing to do with the operation of the engine, only emissions.

Lang, the Adblue is sprayed/injected into the exhaust just before the Catalytic Convertor & the chemical reaction renders the Exhaust safe

If that is the case there is no reason why trucks can not continue to operate without it in the case of a national emergency. Those vehicles with limp mode or complete shutoff when the adblue tank is empty appear to be able to be fooled with various replacement fluids which do nothing for emissions (except windscreen washer fluid with ammonia).

It's highly ILLEGAL & Big Fines apply if Caught..
bigrigs.com.au/index.php/2021/06/09/regu...al-engine-remapping/

Cobbadog, My personal Opinion is the Adblue is the lessor of 2 Evils..
If your Motor use a DFP it's Putting (roughly) 30% of the exhaust back into the inlet Manifold & just like you & I Don't like Breathing our own farts neither does the Motor. .the run heaps Hotter. the Oil Sludges & Soots Up & they in general require a heap More Maintenance Plus that DFP is $20 odd grand to replace...

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
2 years 4 months ago #229000 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Urea Shortage
When I got out of truck mechanicing last time adblue was really only on mercs, when I got back into it this time it was on just about everything and is such a problematic crock of shit. Ive been making plenty of cash off poor buggers that have been lied to by thieving car salesman and bought a diesel shitter that they just didn't need and through having a completely inappropriate drivetrain are requiring big dollar repairs to adblue systems and dpf exhausts, I feel sorry for them, if they had only researched themselves or been helped by salesman to buy something appropriate they would have run a mile from anything to do with adblue and probably diesel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 4 months ago #229004 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Urea Shortage
It's going to turn into a toilet paper shortage once the panic buying starts. And they expect the current feds to do something, really?
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #229005 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Urea Shortage
It's highly ILLEGAL & Big Fines apply if Caught..
bigrigs.com.au/index.php/2021/06/09/regu...al-engine-remapping/

Hayseed that is my point. If we truly do run out of Adblue are the morons going to let trucking come to a halt or are they going to allow them to run without in the national interest until such time as supplies return.

Lang
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Lang.

More
2 years 4 months ago #229008 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Urea Shortage
Everyone has to pee in the adblue tank until further notice....

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds