Skip to main content

Urea Shortage

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #229022 by allan
Replied by allan on topic Urea Shortage
The old saying that "your blood is worth bottling"

has now replaced by

"your pi.s is worth bottling" :unsure: :unsure:
Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by allan.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #229035 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Urea Shortage
DPF is why Im hanging on to my 2006 Ford ute......i d rather buy a new motor for it then have the drama of a DPF.

More
2 years 4 months ago #229038 by Tassie Dan
Replied by Tassie Dan on topic Urea Shortage
I remember reading about truckers running intrastate in the middle of no where just using water to in the adblue tanks just to trick the computer. I have also heard of it being able to be turned off with a few taps on a lap top.

More
2 years 4 months ago #229039 by 600Dodge
Replied by 600Dodge on topic Urea Shortage
The level sensor is only part of the problem, the density sensor looks at urea content and that is what knows if it only has water in the tank. Getting into the program can turn off the sensors for a set time(usually .6 of an hour or 36 minutes) but getting into the program deep enough to shut off the adblue parameters needs full manufacturer control and a code that is heavily regulated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed

More
2 years 4 months ago #229045 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Urea Shortage
Talking to the interstate driver today about the possible AdBlue shortage and his Freightliner runs the DPF so he can still run and his yard has 2 trucks only that run AdBlue so they wil be off the road if they cannot get the stuff.
He claims and I dont know that the majority of trucks catching fire lately are all to do with the AdBlue engines.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds