Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Prodrive's SAR 11 Jan 2022 10:25 #230491

• prodrive
  • prodrive's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 506
Hmm, no idea why they are sideways, sorry about that!!
When we got her, she was a crappy 'wheelie bin red" color. I had no idea what color or style to paint her in, so bit of googling and I turned up this, which I thought looked good-

After she was painted, I then found a few of Singletons old fleet, which is obviously who's paint scheme it is. Great looking trucks back in the day.

Then I was in Waggga one morning, face to face with my sistership-

And this is how I believe she started life, as one of Joe Roughan's trucks-

And how she is pretty much today.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, roKWiz, V8Ian, Brocky45, oliver1950 and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Prodrive's SAR 11 Jan 2022 16:57 #230513

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 2235
A pretty smart looking ride you have there
Not been a Kenworth man I was stunned to learn the front of the chassis just sort of bolts on the last foot or so

Im sure this isnt entirely correct but they arent a fully chassis rail all the way to the front

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Prodrive's SAR 11 Jan 2022 19:52 #230525

• werkhorse
  • TNT Historian
  • Thank you received: 707

A pretty smart looking ride you have there
Not been a Kenworth man I was stunned to learn the front of the chassis just sort of bolts on the last foot or so

Im sure this isnt entirely correct but they arent a fully chassis rail all the way to the front

Paul

Yep ...that's the 9 in 900/923/924/925 model designation

1 is the straight through rail
You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

Prodrive's SAR 11 Jan 2022 20:13 #230527

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
  • Thank you received: 2482
Think n from way back wen
the front chassis add on was refered to a Droop Snoot

cya
OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter- Action, PaulFH

Prodrive's SAR 11 Jan 2022 21:08 #230532

• PaulFH
  • Thank you received: 2157
Remember the Roughans trucks, were on the same 2 way as them
and Waverley Forklift Trans.
You'd hear the radio operator tell a subbie to "Bring that truck back
to the yard and get that radio out of it" after a bit of a blue.
About 1977. They covered some ground in a day. Paul.

Prodrive's SAR 22 Jan 2022 11:05 #230984

• prodrive
  • prodrive's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 506
Here's a bit more of the old girl...
I dragged this junk home from Brisbane, she was a rough old girl, and the sleeper box door had fallen off and was jammed in to the bunk. So the best I could do was wrap tape all over the place to hopefully hold it in place until I could find somewhere to make it stay on properly.
Got going day one, and of course the trailer brakes decided to be non existant.. And it pee'd rain.. and the wipers were junk..
So I found old mate here in Warwick on day two, we sorted the brakes and riveted the sleeper door on again. Happy days, until half way throuigh the Pilliga, when she started pooping and surging.. I had no tools (not that I would have known what to look for) and there was no phone coverage, so I was sort of stuffed. I thought maybe it was sucking one tank dry, so I crawled in to Coona, filled up the tank with the feed, and turned the others off. This didn't help much at all, so I made it to Gilgandra, and went to bed, a bit worn out and over it all.
Day three, Saturday, I got on to Camel's truck repairs in Gil, we replaced all the filters, and off she went. For about twenty k's. I made it to Dubbo, virtually undriveable, pooping and banging along bloody slowly trying to keep out of the way of everyone. Anyway after a bit of trying I was lucky enough to find a bloke who would have a look at it, we pulled out the mesh filter behind the computer (bloody computers) and found it blocked to buggery. That solved her problems, so off we went.
I made it home of day four!
And by this stage I'd somehow, christ knows why or how, decided that I liked the SAR, despite giving me a brokedn leg from the stuppid floor hump.. So I kept it, insetad of selling it in disgust. Which of course then led to the money burning stage of trying to make things better.
She's still not "fixed" but she is "better". Mostly, a bit....

Old mate in Warwick-

And we made a new floor hump. Which, far from being perfect, is much better than the stupid leg-breaking oringinal one!
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter- Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, asw120, Southbound, xspanrman, Brocky45, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

Prodrive's SAR 22 Jan 2022 13:01 #230992

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 2235
Seen as it's shit box Saturday, I know some brain dead idiot and he has the shirt to prove it did something similar with a Mack many years ago, what bloody tool

Guessing thats why he has the idiot Tee shirt to prove it

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Phone: 0400 025 525    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558