Skip to main content

1982 FF Hino not starting

More
2 years 3 months ago #230702 by Mobile 1
Replied by Mobile 1 on topic 1982 FF Hino not starting
Thank You all help and advice is most welcome I spoke to our CFA District CFA workshop officer in charge but as these trucks are long gone most mechanics are young and not familiar with the old girls, but I don't give up easy , if it turns out to be the stop motor we would have to pay ourselves as CFA do not help retired Appliances at all, the brigade purchased her to give us an extra tanker to help the community ,so if all else fails I will take the advice from you all and fit a Morse cable , I have sent a email to Bretts trucks for advice on a cable.Much Oblged .
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #230722 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic 1982 FF Hino not starting
Just found this;

www.hino.com/assets/hino_quickreference_1984_1997.pdf

About half though the document, it lists a gazlion fusable links and their positions. (well, maybe not a gazzlion!) but might be worthwhile checking them too.
(page 87 of 123)
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by jon_d.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PDU

More
2 years 3 months ago #230724 by Mobile 1
Thank You for going to so much trouble I hope I can assist you one day, I will get right on it, Kind Regards John.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #230740 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 1982 FF Hino not starting
Full payment is to hear that it is fixed. Keep at it and always check earth wires, every single one you see.

jon-d, I must look to see if there is one of those manuals for the FC144 1998

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by cobbadog.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mobile 1

More
2 years 3 months ago #230751 by Mobile 1
Mobile 1 would like to thank everyone who sent information to help get the 1982 Hino Fire Tanker over her problem with engine stop motor not working after checking everything 20 times it had to be a very small item as it turned it was, the fuse panel on this truck does not mention a engine stop fuse, so when testing each fuse in the box with a voltage meter when put across the headlight fuse holder the relay clicked and stop motor worked, isolated the batteries , squeezed the fuse holder to tighten against the fuse FIXED ! it seemed to be tight and clean but apparently not enough, she was out in some tough terrain in the last week which would rattle ones teeth, Kind Regards to all for the help, Mobile 1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, tim, Morris, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
2 years 3 months ago #230757 by 180wannabe
Very glad to hear you have had success. As Mammoth mentioned earlier, "Jap wiring can be crazy"!

More
2 years 3 months ago #230763 by Mobile 1
Thanks ,you can say that again no marked fuse for engine stop, and wired into the headlight fuse, Thats why I own Mobile 1 D 1610 4x4 still fully operational went to both large fires this week and did not miss a beat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, asw120

More
2 years 3 months ago #230773 by Mrsmackpaul
Was gunna ask if the air tank was full, Mrs Mack needs that if she wont swing into life, but your on your way driver so forget my suggestion lol

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 3 months ago #230779 by Mobile 1
Thanks Paul, Although not fully familiar with the Hino she had only arrived on scene when I landed with Mobile 1 , so I assume she had full air, she may have a low air buzzer I will keep that in mind ,all info greatly appreciated . John.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230781 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic 1982 FF Hino not starting
Good news.

"follow where the fingers have been" is a great saying when trying to fix a new problem after some else has fixed an electrical problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH, Mobile 1

Time to create page: 0.577 seconds