Skip to main content

1982 Hino econo diesel park lights.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230825 by Mobile 1
Hi Again All, Further to the previous stop motor problem ,the driver has just told me that he cannot turn the parkers off, also the tanker was purchased at CFA disposal auction approcx 10 years ago and we keep it at the drivers farm he just tells me about it now that it has been like that since purchase , I have not looked at it yet but from photo's it is included in the hazard switch so has anyone run into this , Switch/wires/ or someone has fiddled?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #230827 by Mrsmackpaul
How long ago was this owned by the CFA ?
The reason I ask is that for probably 10 years or more ll government and mine vehicles etc have been this way, wondering if this is also the case here

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 3 months ago #230828 by mammoth
Obviously the wiring has been molested, quite possibly when emergency lights were fitted. The park light situation may be deliberate to remind driver to turn main circuit breaker off.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mobile 1

More
2 years 3 months ago #230830 by 180wannabe
Are the parkers on 24/7 as in whenever the batteries are connected?, or only when the key is on?

Maybe the parkers have been powered to come on as "running lights" whenever the key is on, as a sort of safety feature?

Has there been anything else added into that circuit, such as revolving lights?

More
2 years 3 months ago #230831 by V8Ian
Could be that the park lights are negative switched and something else has been tapped into the circuit, causing a permanent earth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mobile 1

More
2 years 3 months ago #230833 by Dave_64
Maybe only a long shot, but I had similar problem with a Lucas combo key/ headlight switch.
Couldn't work out why park lights refused to go off( ended up putting master switch in line), upon dismantling said switch, seems it had cooked internally and was bridging between the headlight and park light contacts.
Arsey enough to have spare switch, problem cured, left master switch in situ.
Looking at just why it cooked, original wiring probably designed for low wattage/ amperage bulbs, whoever wired it in never thought about putting relays with heavier wiring in place.
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mobile 1

More
2 years 3 months ago #230845 by jon_d
A lot of 70's/80's Japanese cars switched negative down to ground and not positive.

Keep this in mind when chasing the wiring.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mobile 1

More
2 years 3 months ago #230860 by Mobile 1
Thanks Paul Our Brigade recieved donations to buy a ex CfA tanker after Black Saturday when they took the only CFA tanker away to KingLake on a strike team and all we had was Mobile 1 to handle our area in which we caught fire,so the CFA had owned the Hino from new in 1982 There is odd things with this truck although the blown fuse mentioned in my recent posts has not blown again I am asking myself why did it blow so with all the odd things with her I am now trying to contact the CFA DMOs who maintained it to get any history if they still have it ,did they alter anything and why is there no fuse marked engine stop motor was there any altering of the wiring etc I will post the results if I get an answer once I find which DMO .

More
2 years 3 months ago #230862 by roKWiz
A few Japanese trucks of the 80's and 90's era had problems with headlights etc staying on due to the steering column mounted headlight combination stalks if this truck has that.
The small gaps between the sliding brass plates inside would dry out and touch each other over time from vibrations creating this scenario.
Sometimes just parkers, sometime only low beam but in my case highbeam.
Some can be fixed by a simply re coat of a little electrical grease and switching back and forth (not connected) otherwise it maybe a replacement.
I found Bretts at Gosford to be one of the most expensive places to replace this part (for my trucks)

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Mobile 1

More
2 years 3 months ago #230865 by JOHN.K.
I once had an annoying problem with fuze blowing in a Jap truck I couldnt find,and neither could a sparky............it eventually turned out to be the reversing switch on the tranny,and the tranny had to be left in revrse for a while before the fuze blew........The wiring diagram in the manual was different from the actual truck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.449 seconds