Skip to main content

Is anyone running 22.5s on a 600 or 700 Dodge

More
2 years 2 months ago #231547 by 600Dodge
Has anyone converted a Dodge over to 22.5 wheels and tyres? I'm up for tyres and as 22.5 is easier to source I am thinking now might be the time if its worthwhile.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231565 by JOHN.K.
If you got the tubeless rims ,just stick em straight on......only problem I would forsee is the width of the tir may scrub the steering,and probably need a wider spacer on the rear.......which may cause problems withthe spider not being wide enough............in any case ,you can get a couple of worn tubeless on steel rims free generally,from someone wanting to get rid of the tyres without paying disposal.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231572 by mammoth
Tubeless are a good thing all round, not just easier to find or on the pocket. The rims come in different widths with 8.25 being the regular size for 11r's, however some older trucks are running around with mixed sizes. The older ones were narrower. The equivalent tubeless of the old 9.00 x 20 tyre, which is probably what a 600 series was wearing back in the days, is 10 x 22.5 and they would be on narrow tubeless rims. Not common 2nd hand these days but I believe they were used on coaches.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231574 by JOHN.K.
Used to run 10x225 on the Louisvilles 8000 and on the SLHD Rockwells,the outer rim was just hanging on the edge of the spider.....spiders nused to need a lot of weld repair,as the backs would break down too...

More
2 years 2 months ago #231575 by 180wannabe
I'm not sure, but i have an idea you might have to find 7.5" rims for the steer, to clear the tie rod ends.

That's what i had to put on an Inter L180 i have, for that reason. I am afraid i cannot be certain for your Dodge though, but it might be worth you having a practise test fit to see what works.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231600 by JOHN.K.
AS mentioned ,youd probably get two tyres on rims free to try out the clearances.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #231603 by 77louie400
I would think 7.5 rims with the standard spacers would work, hard to get spacers under 4'' now, the 22.5r's are only cheap in the stock profile, great things though, change them in a couple of minutes with a couple of good levers, there are some good U-tube movies of blokes just putting them on the rim just with their knees, no levers.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by 77louie400.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.491 seconds