Skip to main content

But oh so beautifully tarped

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #231735 by Lang
This is a very light traffic road but shows what driving in India and Pakistan is like. Although somewhere in the regulations it probably says you should drive on the left and pass on the right there is no point getting too anal about it if the other side of the road is smoother or you just want a bit of a change. The Police car recognises there are no traffic or loading offences and also the free form passing as he races back to the office for lunch before his curry gets cold.

Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, roKWiz, V8Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #231743 by Mrsmackpaul
Would be a heck of job throwing a tarp over that load, way beyond my abilities

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 2 months ago #231744 by hayseed
Time means Nothin to those Blokes, Paul..
I spent a couple of Months in India 25 Yrs ago, & have some Photos (somewhere) of 50 Odd Trucks Loaded up like that queued Up outside a Cotton Gin.. One Driver had the Gearbox out on the Ground In Bits, about 10 trucks up another had the Diff out also in Bits..
They'd be lucky to do a Load a Week from what I saw..!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
2 years 2 months ago #231746 by Dave_64
Slightly off subject, but a mate and I went to Thailand mid 90's, he had never been outside Oz.
Wer'e on a coach going up to Kanchanaburi, River Kwai, coach driver overtaking streams of trucks coming up to brow of hill, all in a days driving for them!
Must have passed half a dozen trucks, seemed to be mainly Toyota or Mitsubishi, engines, gearboxes, diffs, all being not only repaired on the side of road, but the odd one even having outside wheels on edge of tar!
Went up one day, nothing to see a canvas or plastic tarp threaded to the front or rear of the trucks( seemed to be all gaudily painted rigid flat tops) and the driver/ mechanic camped there.
Return trip next day, most of them moved, been made mobile somehow or other.
Must all help each other out.
Coach had to come to a stop at a narrow part of the road, and here's about a half dozen blokes struggling with an engine, using what looked like bush cut timber and stumps, shoe-horning her back together.
Opened our eyes up a bit, I'd already seen a bit of S E Asia, first time around, still surprised me what these blokes could do.
Bloke I went with used to do two-up Bris to Darwin for Bonica's, reckoned theyed get a walk up start over here!
Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds