Skip to main content

Overlander's Mack Brochures & Articles

More
1 year 10 months ago #236149 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #236150 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
1 year 10 months ago #236153 by Mrsmackpaul
Fantastic information as always, I reckon Dynatard must of worked good once upon a time I have just never experienced it
I occasionally hear reports from people that claim it is okay but most people have the same thoughts as me, it makes the noise but more braking is achieved by opening the doors to catch the wind

However I am determined as perhaps Cobba with his David Browns fuel problems and want to actually make it work one day

Great stuff and great information

Thank you

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 10 months ago #236157 by Dave_64
Reckon Dynatards may have copped a bad wrap when fitted to the 320 Thermodyne 6 cylinder 2 valve engines.
Mack copped a bad bunch of too soft camshafts,( they wouldnt admit to it at the time),
Maynes had bought 6 consecutively numbered p/movers of which 4 chewed the lobes off.
I was unlucky enough to have been driving two of them from the batch, used to make a noise like engine brake on permanently, had to go back under warranty to be replaced, tried to blame it on "operator error" until next couple went same way!
Done one at Yass, made it back to Sydney, but second one had to be towed into Chipping Norton from Mt. Victoria, made it to the top, rang Maynes workshop, dragged it in on a hook, bought the express pan in with a local p/m.
One other one did camshaft at Wallan and by time made Melb depot, was running on 4 cylinders and sounding like a chaff cutter!
Driver copped a month on the dock for trying to get it into depot.
They, Mack, called the other two in and replaced camshafts before they played up, but had the Dynatards removed.
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

More
1 year 10 months ago #236182 by overlander
Greetings. I see Nifty Nev the trickie truckie there on # 236 148. He used to come and get me and we'd sit in the Vine inn car park waiting for trucks to come along- they had to stop at the post office corner. And Rob Jenke- saw him last at the History of the Road museum in Port Pirie a few months back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, werkhorse

More
1 year 9 months ago #236203 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #236204 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, overlander, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #236205 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #236206 by Dave_64
I would have thought that Mack was on a winner with Cruiseliners cabovers 1 and 2, maybe typical of most American manufacturers??
Seems like only the Europeans persisting with cabovers??

Then again, the Euros were streets ahead of the rest of the world as far as comfort was concerned.
Dave_64
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #236207 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.603 seconds