Skip to main content

Out and about in Mrs Mack

More
2 years 5 days ago - 2 years 5 days ago #234331 by Mrsmackpaul
Well there was a thread going for this some years ago, no idea what it was called so will chuck this up here

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
Last edit: 2 years 5 days ago by Mrsmackpaul.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allan, cobbadog, PaulFH, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 days ago #234337 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Out and about in Mrs Mack
Maybe the trouble with the air start was reverse polarity with the air.
Seriously maybe it was the missing gaskets that allowed the armature to bind up. Thanks for posting it Paul.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 5 days ago #234357 by KelOz
Replied by KelOz on topic Out and about in Mrs Mack
Gday Paul how are you? Irun one off them starters on my 160 s for 30 years if you look at your old vanes they are getting a hollow in the back of them where they wear on the rotor from going in and out. I use to turn them around and the roor is getting worn at the top thats why the gap verys the rotor cant jam the end plates close up to the centre bit cant go any more no gaskets there . and they run the wrong way [from memory ]when the barrel bit is turn end for end,and if you look at the end plates they have small hole s drilled in them the air goes in there and pushes the tha vanes out off the rotor from memory lolusually when they make all noise and no go tip a bit oil mixed with diesel down the line at starter tank and its all go again take care mate. i gotta a turbine one here to put on the 855
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
2 years 5 days ago #234363 by Mrsmackpaul
Good stuff Kelvin, I had tried putting diesel and the like in the starter a few times but no luck
The kit isnt cheap but what a difference it made though, soins the motor much faster and has never given trouble since

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, Tassie Dan

More
1 year 11 months ago #234573 by Mrsmackpaul
Well with some crappy weather and struggling to do much out side part 20 is done

Paul

The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, PDU, oliver1950, Tassie Dan

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds