Updated 28th July.

If you are unable to login, you probably need to read this change to your username & profile.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Brake Fluid Lines 30 Jun 2022 16:09 #236664

• cobbadog
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1619
After rejuvenating both batteries and charging them up I took Lorry for a quick run up to Moorland and back then fueled him up ready for the Yesteryear Truck show in a bit over a weeks time. Still no fluid leaks and clutch and brakes are working very well as always. Then it was bath time for the ol' fella. You can see or rather hopefully cannot see where I repaired the drivers side mudguard and painted it. Next will be to start making the tray look loved and getting rid of the flaking rusty bits and many years of paint. lol
Lang has that Laser gun tuned up yet?
Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, Zuffen, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Brake Fluid Lines 30 Jun 2022 17:39 #236665

• PaulFH
  • Thank you received: 3003
Looking good Cobba, neat job.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Brake Fluid Lines 30 Jun 2022 19:48 #236675

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 2614
Looking very neat and tidy there Cobba

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Brake Fluid Lines 30 Jun 2022 20:51 #236688

• cobbadog
  • Topic Author
  • Away
It got the treatment inside and out of the cab. Just annoyed with myself for letting the tray look so bad. I will make a start on it after Macksville's Rusty Iron Rally. After Wauychope we are on the road again for about 6 weeks maybe less then Macksville. This will give me time to decide the best approach for me to clean it up. All sorts of crazy ideas buzzing about up top.

Brake Fluid Lines 03 Jul 2022 15:30 #236756

• cobbadog
  • Topic Author
  • Away
I know with all this rain comming today and this week that this will not be ready by the weekend but I decided that a works in progress looks better than looking like shit. So for the very first time since owning Lorry I took the small gate off to get access to the coaming rail and start chipping away at the rust scale first. then I squirted some rust converter on and then started scraping away at the gate itself making a big mess over the rust converter but that is ok.
I hope the new voltage regulator for David arrives tomorrow as well.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, PaulFH

Brake Fluid Lines 05 Jul 2022 16:02 #236851

• cobbadog
  • Topic Author
  • Away
Once David was sorted out I came back to Lorry and his tray repairs which will not be finished by Friday but a figure by making a start on it maybe it will look better than leaving it. We finally got a little bit of rain, well a couple of light showers with possible rain tonight so I took the little gate to my bench under cover. I have been busy with the disc sander removing the old paint and will get that finished in the morning then I can spray a bit of Etch Primer on the galvanise sheet iron and I have some good oil based Red Oxide paint for the rest of the metal as a Primer before painting. Will take some pics tomorrow of the mess I am making here with white paint everywhere. At least it is a bit of progress.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

Brake Fluid Lines 07 Jul 2022 21:44 #236942

• cobbadog
  • Topic Author
  • Away
I know I promised some pics of the gate and I have not taken any as yet so tomorrow is the day. I actually got the gate in red oxide but not without issues with 2 air regulators stuck on 100psi and unable to reduce to 40psi for my undercoat gun.

Also this new colour is not my doing and if I open the little colour box and then type in black it is black but I have to do that for every reply.

Believe it or not it types in red and posts in black, weird

Last edit: by cobbadog.

Brake Fluid Lines 10 Jul 2022 15:35 #237031

• cobbadog
  • Topic Author
  • Away
Now have both gates off and rubbed back. One is in red oxide and the other is now in etch primer where needed waiting for red oxide tomorrow. The coaming has been ground back and is now in red oxide which makes Lorry look so different. The small gate that I removed today put up a good fight but I got it off in the end. I had to replace all pop rivets that held the sheet metal on as they were corroded and breaking the heads off.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

Brake Fluid Lines 17 Jul 2022 15:37 #237300

• cobbadog
  • Topic Author
  • Away
Well the near side and front load board are primed. The timber light board at the top is still in primer and I need to buy some paint for that. The arse end is next to be sanded back and primed then the colour can go on. However another trip away is beginning on Tuesday so I decided to fit the gates back on to keep them safe and to see what it looks like on and painted better than it was a week ago. Those dark clouds did start to drop a drip or two but went as quick as it came so I finished the primer work. Brush painting that wire mesh is a real pain in the behind.

I was actually thinking of putting these pics up as "SPOTTO" for you guys with the keen eyes to tell me where I miss a spot or two.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, oliver1950

Last edit: by cobbadog.

Brake Fluid Lines 17 Jul 2022 18:21 #237306

• Mrsmackpaul
  • Thank you received: 2614
Looking good, have been painting this weekend myself, was looking for red oxide primer but it seems to be getting harder to get these days

Between rain amd wind my specs now have plenty of spots as does the ground and my clothes

Copped a eyeball full of paint for the first time in my life, stung like all get out for a while, after a bit of swearing it seemed to improve :huh:

Paul

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.455 seconds

Historic Commercial Vehicles Club of Australia Inc.  Post: P.O. Box 2020 Bayswater Vic. 3153    Clubrooms: Unit 8 / 4  Macquarie Place Boronia    Club Rooms:  03) 9738 1558