Skip to main content

Rockwell Diff in acco 1710

More
1 year 8 months ago #238073 by MickM
Howdy brains trust,

I recently got hold of a splitter housing for this rear diff however the previous owner lock to have has something come up and smash the splitter motor off and damaged the input shaft.
Does anyone have a diagram or know how to remove the actual input shaft so I can straighten the ears out on it.
Cheers Mick
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #238074 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #238077 by 180wannabe
Hi Mick. I think maybe you have to loosen and remove a lock screw from the shift fork (inside) to be able to pull that shaft out.

If you want to PM your email address i can email you the few instructions i have been able to find.

Brett.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #238084 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Rockwell Diff in acco 1710
It looks like maybe the fork is accessible if you remove the pinion carrier (and pinion) from the front of the housing........if you dont lose any of the shims,the carrier will go straight back in....there is no rear bearing on the pinion.......
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by JOHN.K..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #238088 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Rockwell Diff in acco 1710
Ive dug out Rockwell Field Manual #7.....and the news is not good.......their diagrams and pics all show a diff with one side cut out ........however ,it seems if the lockscrew cant be undone thru the pinion hole,then the bullgears have to be taken out of the housing to access the screw...........a further mystery is how your diff is holding in gear....and the last page says "for information on the change mechanism,consult your truck owners manual"
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds