Skip to main content

Old Kwikasair SARs

More
13 years 11 months ago #23451 by cribotow
Replied by cribotow on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Nice over use of electrical tape on the SAR park that out in the hot sun and see if you don't stick to it ;D

&&Grasp

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #23452 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Actually its not too bad down here in Tassie altho in the middle of summer you doo tend to pick a small bit or two of it off............I drove it for 4-5 years solid and didn't have much trouble with my hands sticking. Altho sweating was a HUGE problem with that Cummins sitting half way in there with you. That might be the reason my hands didn't stick..........to bloody sweaty to stick........lol

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 2 months ago #23453 by werkhorse
About 2 weeks ago I was handed a slide negative (126 size .....so I've been told) of Tassies only Kwikasair SAR. They recieved it sometime in 1984-85, when I was told the photo/slide was taken.

The photo shows fleet no. 7KA156 which we think was built sometime between 1977 and 1982, and was taken in the Merino St. Launceston yard.

In the back ground can just be seen another Kwikasair truck that has been identified as an F86 Volvo, Did Kwikasair run many of these???

I have also been given a large board poster of the truck that replaced this SAR, a T650, when it was brand new with matching coloured trailer. I'll shoot a photo of that when I can find somewhere decent enough to do it.

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
13 years 2 months ago #23454 by werkhorse
These new enviro friendly light globes shine a nice light for shooting photos from photos..........

Here is the T650 Fleet no. 7KA328 and matching 'Air ride' trailer. been told this was taken somewhere in Cambridge just outside of Hobart when either on it's initial trip to be shown off, it was sent back to be shown around on the mainland, or it's first load for the Tasmanian division.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 2 months ago #23455 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs

WorkOrse
GuddayM8

Gr8 pix
Keep m cummin

May B an optical illusion but the trailer body looks wider then the tandem drive wheels

ButWoddaEyeKno
LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 2 months ago #23456 by werkhorse
I'd say it's the fact your not seeing those lovely plastic guards that we're meant to have on trucks these days.

More
13 years 2 months ago #23457 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Werk.. Get hold of Garry Whatley mate. He did live at Perth behind Ray Kerkham...Think he moved to Greens Beech. He drove the F86 volvo for Kwikasair, then got one of the first SAR"s.. He had lots of old photos mate. Could be worth a try..

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 2 months ago #23458 by werkhorse
I think Terry Crack might have mentioned him the other day when we were talking. Terry is meant to be setting me up with some of the former Kwikasair blokes he still has contact with.

More
13 years 2 months ago #23459 by Scummy
Replied by Scummy on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
G,day mate , yer kenworth would still have all the details on file , i remember the trap door above radiator cap .

More
13 years 2 months ago #23460 by 352rhd
Replied by 352rhd on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
being an 85' it would have been the last of the 92's.1986'the ddec was introduced,thats when the tnt spec changed to 3406 cat and 6 rod.they kept that spec into the t600& t650.i was an apprentice at clae's in sydney then.hated woking on the things.was glad to see the end of them.

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds