Skip to main content

Old Kwikasair SARs

More
13 years 1 month ago #23461 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Ol' mate Terry has come through again.............

here are 2 more pics of 7KA156, aka the SAR, and one of the early outside post vans ontop of Spring hill on the midlands (highest point on the north/ south road)
]

and 7KA156 in the Merino st yard with the very first air ride trailer in Tasmania.

I think these 2 came after the T650
3KA951 on the right and 3KA952 on the left shot on thier first arrival at the Merino st yard.

Heres a shot of 3KA951 I took abck in about 1990

And to my suprise he also handed me these

A set of 15 (three of each depot) coasters in a boxset

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #23462 by squeak
Replied by squeak on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
looking at the fleet no's tell's that 951 and 952 came from the distrubition fleet,maybe TNT express on the mainland and as such would not have been part of kaa linehaul fleet , from what I can remember , when I started driving linehaul for Comet they had no's in the 180's and then as all prime mover's where owned by TNT fleet and leased to each division nightly, they progressed up the numerical order , when I finished we where in the high 380'sand that was from 1985 thru to 1993.
Squeak
thinking more about it they (951 and 952) may have come from the sydney fleet of TNT express and did Syd Canberra Syd at night and local thru the day
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by squeak.

More
13 years 1 month ago #23463 by werkhorse
Thanks for that info Squeak very much appreciated

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
12 years 8 months ago #23464 by richie
Replied by richie on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Hey everyone,just signed up as i have always had interests in kwikasair trucks as growing up holidaying at my grandmothers as a kid in Murrurundi.My grandma lived across the road from the changeover station.I can still remember when it was first TNT then kwikasair and comet.Being truck mad I took plenty of photos over my childhood,so if anyone is interested in me posting some old photos please let me know.cheers Richie!!!!!

12 years 8 months ago #23465 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
G,day mate welcome to the forum!

i thing you will find that everyone here loves truck pic's ;)

More
12 years 8 months ago #23466 by werkhorse
Do I want to see more KAA pics.............hmmm.............Does a bear shi.........um........Hell yeah I do 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

More
12 years 8 months ago #23467 by richie
sweet,will break out the old albums and get um on.asap!!!!

More
12 years 8 months ago #23468 by craigs
Replied by craigs on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
Welcome Richie.
Where's the photo's
Just love those overnighters! 8-)
Craig

More
12 years 8 months ago #23469 by richie
hey craig,might be couple of days or so.Have to get them scanned in.never really done this kind of stuff much,little rusty

12 years 8 months ago #23470 by
Replied by on topic Re: Old Kwikasair SARs
welcome richie...more (photos) the merrier . werkhorse there were 24 volt start and run 8v71n's in 1966 with the manufacturers bottle company kw 925 r (seattle) long hood rigs. ....just a guess ...the sar 24 start and run was to do (maybe) with the cold tassie climate?.....

Time to create page: 0.795 seconds