Skip to main content

Hooning trucks

• Topic Author
15 years 9 months ago #1941 by
Hooning trucks was created by
One of the guys at work alerted me to this news item from the Herald Sun:-

www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,23913098-2862,00.html

The first two trucks to have trucks impounded in Victoria due to speeding! Hope they weren't carying perishables! ;D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #1942 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Hooning trucks
I would have thought in the three cases mentioned there (two trucks and a motorbike elsewhere) that 40km over the speed limit would mean suspension of licence as well?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 9 months ago #1943 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Hooning trucks
Yes < I think the fellas will be looking at licence suspension but it may have to go to court first,
There are two sides to this, the drivers clearly took no notice of the speed limits and deserve to be "done"

but the roadwork speed limits are often unrealistically low. ie 40kph on a freeway that has one lane closed off. When they were doing the Geelong road I used to drive along at the 40k roadwork limit and get passed by tippers driving within the closed off roadworks area. Clearly the limit didnt apply in there.

More
15 years 9 months ago #1944 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Hooning trucks
I have checked with the Company I drive for, Under Federal Law the Vic & NSW police can not touch my load, they can check for drugs in the cab and book me for speeding, (if the truck could)
They can not even look at my load in the trailer as is sealed and they can not brake the seal with out braking Federal Law, but can ask to have a look but needs the Company Manager & The Product Manager there and only the Product Manager can touch the seal.

I have just checked with a friend (He is one of the people trying to fight Ebay with the ACCC) hi thinks that may be there will be a large court case against Vic Police, (if the load in the trucks do not belong to the that company then)

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

More
15 years 9 months ago #1945 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Hooning trucks

I would have thought in the three cases mentioned there (two trucks and a motorbike elsewhere) that 40km over the speed limit would mean suspension of licence as well?

Maybe they were given the choice lose you licence for 6 months (or whatever) or the truck for 2 days. Taking the truck stops them from diving it without a licence which is becoming a common practice amongst some car drivers!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 9 months ago #1946 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Hooning trucks
those new construction speed signs R a bit of a joke
there duz not seem 2 B any standardization on setn m up
Ive Seen
Left lane 80kph n 40kph in right lane Monash Fwy
60 in left lane n 100 in right lane on Tulla fwy
signs R spose 2 B placed to lower speed from wot is posted to 40kph in 20kph increments
say 100 --- 80 --- 60 ---- 40
n when thru Speed restriction spose 2 have a sign to declare max speed again but th@ don't seem 2 B happening now
also seen on rear of bus 40kph speed sign
those th@ have the appropiate licence to use these spped construction signs seem 2 do wot they like n leave the motorist guessin

Jist my 2 cents worth tax free 2 day
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
15 years 9 months ago #1947 by atkipete
Agree with Swishy, often the signs are not well set up AND the normal speed limit signs are left uncovered. I remember when the Geeelong road was getting done seeing 40ks on the left and 80ks on the right.. Still those fellas on the Monash deserve what they got.

More
15 years 9 months ago #1948 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Hooning trucks
shame so many speed limiters in trucks dont seem to work ..or do they replace the fuse with a blown fuse lol

More
15 years 9 months ago #1949 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Hooning trucks
Hi all, will the HCVC trucks get done for hooning when we go down the Eastlink road to Frankston following the mighty British Mack at 75 kmph or maybe Denis in the Scammell Mechanical Horse at 25kmph. Sunday the 6th of July we could put a big display down the Eastlink andf show the public how not to get booked with the 700 speed camera fitted on the new road for safety reasons and not revanue.

More
15 years 9 months ago #1950 by atkipete
Deady Dave is going to make history, the first vehicle to break down on Eastlink this Sunday.

Time to create page: 0.595 seconds