Skip to main content

Old Race Trucks

More
13 years 8 months ago #32888 by melonreo
Old Race Trucks was created by melonreo
thought i might start a subject on old race trucks , this is a transtar 4200 that was apart of the Don Hodge racing group , it is still siting in there yard in forbes

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32889 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Old Race Trucks
Melonreo.... you just jogged my memory. Seen an old purple and white B Model mack single drive.. have been told it was around before the Bandag Bullet?? Was supose to be the fastest truck in australia on the track... ::) ::) I have never seen it on the track, or seen any history on it, only been told about it after i asked about the old B Model i saw sitting behind a shed in the long grass. Apparently the owner is going to restore it to its former glory. Might just be of interest in Queensland, i dont know. Can anyone help solve this one????

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32890 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Old Race Trucks
I think it is in Swishy's video Tony, would it be Billy Gordon's?

More
13 years 8 months ago #32891 by Old AB
Dont no Cam.. Thats why i asked.. Seen it sittin behind the shed, so i rocked up to the house to see if it was for sale. The lady took my number, but never had a call, John from ceder grove told me that it was going to be restored and that it was an old race truck.. Thats all i Know Cam. Am a bit interested in its history now.. The things you find hiding behind sheds.. You never no unless you ask,, ;) ;)

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32892 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Old Race Trucks
Sieders still have their yellow MAN. Lots of pictures of older MAN race trucks on the wall, probably long gone. Where is truck racing held these days? Our beloved Oran Park is gone to make way for McMansions. The Acco fire truck from there was for sale a while back. The oldest race truck I can recall is a blue/green R190.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
13 years 8 months ago #32893 by Rob365
Replied by Rob365 on topic Re: Old Race Trucks
G'day all. The B model was known (i think) as "The Mean Machine".

I had the poster on my wall as a kid and I'm pretty sure it was detroit powered, deep front spoiler and raised wing at the rear. It had aluminium hub caps too! - similar to what was on a Denning coach of the same era.

I thought it was more of a drag truck rather than a circuit racer like the Transtar shown. Seeing that against Waltzing Matilda or Bandag Bullet would have been entertaining....

Always wondered what had happened to it??

Cheers
Rob :)

More
13 years 8 months ago #32894 by Internutz
Replied by Internutz on topic Re: Old Race Trucks
Just rummaged through my poster collection and found this. Hope the photo I took comes out clear enough for you to read.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32895 by Old AB
Hey Internutz, From what i could see behind the shed, i think you might be right. The rear scoop has gone. Was under a tarp, but half has come off so i could see the back of the cab. Thats how i started to ask questions.. Looks like it has plenty of rust in it, and no windows.. Will see if i can get a closer look..

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32896 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Old Race Trucks
Tony, the same bloke had an Autocar, white with a red stripe that did a Z on the high rise sleeper. VT903 in it, he used to subbie for McAleese. He's got hot rods as well.

More
13 years 8 months ago #32897 by doug
Replied by doug on topic Re: Old Race Trucks
The B model you mention is the one owned by Billy Gordon.It was a drag truck and yes it does run a gm.He still has the truck and is going to restore it.The spoiler in the picture is now on the roof.
Yes he did own an Autocar that originally was owned by Bill Lowe fron Freddo on the north coast.
Have been told Billy sold the autocar several months ago.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds