Skip to main content

C Series Inter

15 years 7 months ago #2261 by
Replied by on topic Re: C Series Inter
Bill Norling did lots of 'specials' for IH. Unfortunately Bill passed away in 2000 and took a fair bit of knowledge with him. During his years in Clayton Bill, with Heather his wife, turned out a lot of 'new breed' vehicles. G&G's 1st rear engine horse truck, mining vehicles, even prototypes for IH. Bill was known for his resourcefulness and for the amazing stock of parts he accumulated over the years. Both Neil & Craig worked with Bill throughout the years and Craig is still involved in modifying chassis etc in Dandenong.
Heather is still living in the house that she and Bill built and then had moved on a truck, 1st in Victoria I believe.
If you want to hear stories about the golden old days of trucking talk to Heather - she really did work alongside Bill in the factory when it was needed. Luckily for the family Heather would call it a day at some stage to cook for the tribe even though may nights saw Bill work through so his customers could have their trucks back asap. He knew without their beasts of burden these guys would struggle financially. Bill was a bit of a soft touch with many of the truckies and paymemts were often small or non-existent.
Bill loved trucks and the industry and until the day he passed he would have helped anyone he could with info or that elusive part.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 7 months ago #2262 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: C Series Inter
Pud
Welcome

a Gr8 bit of history in Bill Norlings factory
I do remember it on the Hwy near clayton Rd a few doors along from where WillyAdams c@ tractors were

Q: Did Norlings do repower of Inters 190/200 for KP Neal tankers from Fairfield

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

15 years 7 months ago #2263 by
Replied by on topic Re: C Series Inter
KP Neal was a long time client of Bills'. They were running a NORLING in their fleet for some years. In the earlier years Bill worked on anything truck related. Engines, chassis mods & finding problem faults, tailshaft vibrations seemed to be a common occurence. Later years saw most of Norlings work on new vehicles, maininly IH & Ford, doing chassis alterations but there was always something special in the workshop.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 7 months ago #2264 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: C Series Inter
Here B a happy snap I pirated off the HCVC Trailer @ the Alaxandra Truck n ute show
(Don't tell anyone
Me thinks I got away with it)
Looks like a White Mustang
on the step duz say 'Testing Patons Brakes'
(PBR= Patons Brake Replacements)

:D

cya

:-X

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More