Skip to main content

40/50's Cab Over.. options?

More
15 years 9 months ago - 15 years 9 months ago #2420 by duncan_m
Hi Guys,

I'm looking around for a new project to start soon.. the Bedford J3 thats been in the workshop for the last year or so is nearly done!

I've a hankering to do a COE from the 40's or 50's.. something really quirky looking.. I know of the R and S series Bedfords but I was wondering what other trucks made it out here in numbers large enough to ensure there's a reasonable supply of donor vehicles etc?

Cheers, Duncan.
Last edit: 15 years 9 months ago by duncan_m.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2421 by kennymopar
a commer T3 ?

More
15 years 9 months ago #2422 by duncan_m
Thats a great suggestion actually.. I saw one of these a couple of years ago near my place.. still working:

Just the look I wanted too! I think the TS3 was still being manufacted into the 60's?

Dunc.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2423 by bparo
there are also the ARC Inter's if you want something a bit rarer but still easy enough to get parts.

They were not pure cabovers like the Commer but more short-bonneted like an early AACO

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
15 years 9 months ago #2424 by duncan_m

there are also the ARC Inter's if you want something a bit rarer but still easy enough to get parts.

I tried googling.. but cant find an image of that truck.. do you have one?

Cheers, Dunc

More
15 years 9 months ago #2425 by kennymopar
i know where theres a dodge D2F (commer style cab ) in melbourne its a factory 361 V8 ..but id say it would be early to mid 60s ..id buy it but ive already got a AT4 dodge with a 361

More
15 years 9 months ago #2426 by duncan_m

i know where theres a dodge D2F (commer style cab ) in melbourne its a factory 361 V8 ..but id say it would be early to mid 60s ..id buy it but ive already got a AT4 dodge with a 361

Oh no :) Another one I cant find any images online of.. do you have a picture of that model?

60's is OK.. as long as its got that quirky look to it. :)

Cheers, Dunc.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2427 by kennymopar

More
15 years 9 months ago #2428 by GM Diesel
Duncan if you have a look at the CO 190 pictures in my restoration chat thread you will see an ASC 162 "ugly" inter in the back ground.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2429 by atkipete
Find a IH K5 cabover, that would be an inter..esting one. They are very rare but mechanicals same as the bonneted ones.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds