Skip to main content

Newbie intro

More
15 years 9 months ago #2493 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: Newbie intro
Hi Lance,
yes mate you are correct, she was banged out of the factory in 1976, there is even a little aluminium plaque on the drivers side tappet cover saying the engine complies with some standard (too lazy to go outside with torch and look ;D) that says 10/76 so it was late 1976.
I was saying to Andy the other night she looks a lot better in the photos than in real life, what you can't see in the photo with it on the back of the truck , is the rope through the cab tying the doors on so they don't fall off!
Thank you all for the warm welcome to the forum,
Harleigh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #2494 by
Replied by on topic Re: Newbie intro

More
15 years 8 months ago #2495 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: Newbie intro
Thanks for your reply Comdir 007 but I think I'll let it go through to the wicketkeeper...
Harleigh.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2496 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Newbie intro
Harleigh,

Something that may help you find your water leak on the 6V53.
If you cant see any water coming out of either left or right air box drain do the following :
Below the heads on each side of the block there are some oval shaped airbox covers. If you take them off then fill her up with water.
Turn the crank counterclockwise with a spanner so you can see each piston come below the intake ports in the liners. You will see water come out of the liner ports on the crook cylinder.
Is there any water in the oil at all ?
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 8 months ago #2497 by Steve H
Replied by Steve H on topic Re: Newbie intro
G'day Jimmy,

Mate, I'm in the same boat- just joined and just bought my second truck (although I'm selling the first). Mine are a tad older though- 40's. Seems like this is a good place to learn more, so looking forward to the expertise on here!

Steve H

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds