Skip to main content

Can you identify these

More
15 years 9 months ago #2498 by IHScout
My employees know I'm into old trucks so they put this photo on the front of a birthday card they gave me this week. I know the photo was taken in NSW somewhere recently, but they are keeping me guessing about the details. :o Can any of you identify the trucks. I think the front one might be a Daimond T and 3rd looks like a K series Inter. Number 5 is probably a C series Inter. Anbody got a better ideas?

Dennis

Dennis

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #2499 by
Replied by on topic Re: Can you identify these
Hi Scout * 1 maybe Mack or a White * 2 K7 or 8 Last one could be a Dodge.Dave

More
15 years 9 months ago #2500 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Can you identify these
it matters not what they are, just get the address and we will go get 'em ;)

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2501 by Andy Wright
My thoughts exactly. I'm sure the car could tow one!

I agree with Dave on the first one - Mack - maybe a B615 (V8 or V0 in this case!) going by the radiator (however my first thought was DT).

Reckon the second one is a REO. Fourth one appears to have a fairly short wheelbase.

Great pic, Dennis, could I use it for the mag please?

Btw, Happy Birthday!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 9 months ago #2502 by GM Diesel
Scout,
Looks like a line up for a clearing sale.
With my dodgy eyes I reckon 1 is a B615 mack. Suspension and the three ribs around the cab give this one away. 2 a Reo Comet. 3 Im with Dave here, a K7 or K8 Inter, maybe a K6. 4 an L130 Inter. The last one could be an AB, C or D Inter or as Dave said a Dodge.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2503 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: Can you identify these
I think you are right Barry, that it's a line up for a clearing sale. The fact that the grass isn't growing up around the wheels indicates they've been moved recently

I got the magnifying glass out and I can almost read the name on the door of the green truch right at the back (left edge of the photo) but I still can't work out what it is, but I did notice that the AB/C/D Inter has a stationary engine on the tray.

Andy, I'll get more details about where the photo was taken and see if there are any more.

Dennis

Dennis

More
15 years 9 months ago #2504 by GM Diesel
Scout man,

Im pretty sure about the first one being a mack with the suspension and the pressed ribs around the cab. The one I thought was a L130 though im not so sure about now. It will be interseting to find out.
The reason I thought it looked like a clearing sale is no one would put the rad and bonnet back on a mack after pulling its gizzards out. Well I wouldnt..then again im from WA and apparently were abit different !
Looks like they ran around I found as many bits as they could to make it look a little more appealling...get $50 bucks for it instead of $10.
Barry

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
15 years 9 months ago #2505 by Andy Wright
My type of prices - if only to save the buggers.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 9 months ago #2506 by IHScout
This is what my team member who sent me the photo told me about its origins:

We had set up the van at Winton in Qld and on a bit of a walk came across the trucks, and some other vehicles in similar condition, just sitting in a paddock beside the railway line. Couldn't help but think of you. As Gary had his camera with him I suggested he take a photo of the trucks and I would send to you later. It then seemed right that the photo became a bithday card.

Gary did take a couple of other photos. From memory they are similar. I will get him to email them to this address if that would suit.

I'll post the other photo's when Gary sends them.

Dennis

Dennis

More
15 years 8 months ago #2507 by IHScout
Here are some more photos from the same location

Dennis

Dennis

Time to create page: 0.556 seconds