Skip to main content

Mack Engines

13 years 6 months ago #35218 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mack Engines
Want to do a Re build ?
Think twice before you buy genuine. Cost me a heap of grief........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #35219 by
Lasted less than 30,000.ks
Made in India cracked 3 0ut of six.
IM over it.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35220 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: Mack Engines
Mack trucks workshop in Brisbane, Mack factory in Brisbane. Spare parts?? Have to wait for them to come in.. They dont carry many spares any more. They have them in a central wharehouse , @ Minto??.. It makes no sense to me.. Walked into the spare parts and couldnt even buy a Clutch cable & a globe for a park light. Did use to get everything there once. All at one place.. Not any more.....

Keep old inters alive.

13 years 6 months ago #35221 by
Old AB - This is the best thing you can do .. posting pics, and your story, on the internet .. of the garbage products, you as a customer of the company .. are now expected to meekly accept.

No-one in that company can try to level slander or defamation lawsuits against you .. because you're telling it, like it is.

The corporate leaders of this global company have shown their total lack of interest in their product quality, brand name, and customer care .. by selling you this crap .. labelled as "genuine product".

What a travesty!! What a slap in the face, for any long-term, loyal owner/buyer, and user of the product!!

By producing this third-world garbage, this shows exactly how the corporate world has warped the aims, intent and long-standing image of the original company .. whose efforts were always based on providing a product of OUTSTANDING QUALITY .. LONG LIFE .. AND CONSISTENT QUALITY .. for those who chose their products .. >:(

These corporate greed merchants, have traded quality for quick and huge dollars in their own fat pockets .. have sold the brand name and good standing of the company, down the creek .. and have helped wreck Americas economy, by their wholesale rush to 3rd world manufacturing.

I hate to think what the long-term effect will be. I recall one major warning produced in recent times, where a retailer of lifting equipment had sent out warnings about a certain line of lifting accessories, of Chinese manufacture.

These lifting accessories supposedly met extremely tight specifications for steel grade, steel heat-treatment, and a certain grade of lifting equipment quality (let's say, grade T [grade 80] alloy steel chain and shackles).

These so-called, high quality Chinese items, marked as such .. were found to have failed on regular occasions. Investigation showed that the specifications had not been met on many of the requirements, particularly with regard to steel quality and heat treatment.

Accordingly, the retailer was urgently seeking the recall of the brand items it had sold, and had placed a ban on the stocking and resale of the particular brand of lifting items.

This failure to meet precise specifications, represents total failure of the company, from the CEO, on down .. particularly where the company in charge of production, is American.

A total failure of management to even get basic important specification requirements, in place, and met.

The failure to deliver expected quality .. merely represents a drive for monetary greed, from the upper levels of the company .. that places safety, quality, and customers reasonable expectations, last.

America has now become a true 3rd world producer of garbage .. with unadulterated personal greed, its only aim.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35222 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Mack Engines
Onetrack, Old dog, you are spot on! I know it's not really on topic, but how about Blundstone boots, pacific brands, my Holden Commodre window regulators made in Korea, the Goodyear Light Truck (expensive!) tyres on my brand new Ford ute- made in China! Where does it stop? Never ceases to amaze me.
Personally I may be dumb, but i can't understand why we continually chase the "cheapest" item. I know it's great to buy a drill for $15 at Bunnings, but quality is a wonderful selling point- it is remembered long after the price is forgotten of course...and we always seem to forget that, for some reason. Remember when Pacific Brands decided to go offshore? (read China) because they "couldn't compete!". Well, If someone was advertising loudly that their Undies / Socks/ whatever, were $5 more that tha compertion, but they were proudly made here, were the BEST you could buy, and were guaranteed to make you happy, well gee I'd buy em! I've got a leatherman, cost $200, you can buy a chinese one for $15- but mine is unconditionally guaranteed. Works brilliantly, and I'm lost without it. You bust it, you send it to them, comes back brand new. No cost. Why would I buy anything else????
Doesn't seem like rocket science to me... But it has happened all over the world, not just America or Australia. I guess it is just human greed- whether it's the corporates, the unions, the staff, the employees, the government, everyone. Once they get a bit of control, the snouts go in the piggy trough, and before you know it, it is all lost in the almighty chase for money. Crazy people we are.....

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 6 months ago #35223 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Mack Engines

my 2 cents worth GST free on a Sundee
LOL

We use a cupla 9' Hitachi grinders
had one repaired = $168

while we waitin for repair (read 1 week)
I trott on over to Bunninz
brand new Ozito Asian made $99 with 3 years reaplacement warranty
lasted 3 months trot on over to swap over for a nuthery =$0

We file away box n purchase receipt for next swap over

LOL
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

13 years 6 months ago #35224 by
A mate who is a builder only buys the el cheapo power saws, when they are near 12 months old if they havn't died before he finds the hardest block of timber he can and burns them out so he gets a new saw every year. He is happy with that arrangement.....

13 years 6 months ago #35225 by
Had steam comming out of my ears yesterday. bought some new M A C K badges. The bloody speed nuts were stamped that shallow there was no way in hell that you could get a socket or any thing at all on them.

13 years 6 months ago - 13 years 6 months ago #35226 by
It's a sad fact of life that due to ever-increasing repair costs (no-one in business works for much less than $80 hr nowadays), coupled with the difficulty and cost of obtaining spares, that so much by way of smaller items of equipment is junked before it's repaired.
The cost of new items is lower than it's ever been, and very few people are prepared to pay the extra dollars to buy, what is supposed to be a better quality, locally made product.
In many cases, a product of low-to-average quality will still do the job ..even though it doesn't last like the "quality" items.

I gotta admit, I've been just as guilty of the same thing as everyone else .. buy the el-cheapo Chinese item and scrap it when it burns out .. because it does appear to be more economic than buying a "quality" product.

There are several other factors at play here. One is - you often can't buy the quality product any more, because the store doesn't stock it. When you ask for it, they tell you they couldn't sell any of them, because they were too dear. There's a subtle underlying twist to this story, though.

The true story is .. that, in most cases, the profit margin on the Chinese/3rd world item, is much higher, for the store, than the "quality" item .. thus, they don't stock them, because they can't make the same money out of them.

The second angle is, that if or when you DO manage to find the "quality" item .. it usually sports a big American or Aussie flag on the box .. and then you turn it over, and read the fine print .. and you find it's made in a 3rd world country, anyway!! And for the privilege of buying the "brand name", you pay more! - for a 3rd-world-produced item!! So .. it's no wonder people go for the cheapest Chinese item with a decent warranty.

I went through the entire stock of the local tool crowd, last time I was looking for an angle grinder .. and EVERY SINGLE ONE of them .. was made in China! No matter what the brand .. De Walt (big Yank flag on it), Makita, Metabo, AEG, Bosch, Hitachi, Black & Decker .. you name it .. it was made in China.

The Chinese stuff like angle grinders is getting better in quality .. and the improved warranties reflect their confidence. I've never bought a Chinese grinder with more than 24 mths warranty yet .. but a couple of the 125mm grinders I bought from Super Cheap have performed particularly well, and are still going well after a couple of years. I paid $59.90 each for them, so they owe me nothing.
I would guess that the factories producing this stuff have some better Western-style QC in place .. or the stuff is produced by repetitive production machines that produce better and more consistent levels of quality.
Either way, I think it will be long time before we see manufacturing of this style of product ever return to America or Australia.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35227 by ianoz
Replied by ianoz on topic Re: Mack Engines
Hi One track , Read in the ACMOC magazine ,Cat are increasing excavator manufacturing capacity by 400% in china , So whos going to be game to want to buy a chinnese cat excavator . And i bet , the price won;t drop . Ian .

Time to create page: 0.584 seconds