Skip to main content

mercedes..my latest project(1 of many)

More
15 years 8 months ago #3050 by huppypuppy
Hey KennyMopar,

This Merc is a great example of a rare truck in Australia - 6x2 (twin steer and single drive).... what's the gearbox and engine combination?

Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3051 by kennymopar
ZF 8 speed(great & easy to use) engine is a V8-402 240hp(12.8litre i think?)..ive only had the truck a month so far have removed the rust & given her a back to metal respray

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3052 by huppypuppy

engine is a V8-402 240hp(12.8litre i think?)

Kenny,

You're right - I know a fellow who hires out amusement rides and he has a 1425 - it has a 12.76L OM402 V8!

Joe
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by huppypuppy.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3053 by kennymopar
they must measure their hp with "minature horses" shes a slow old girl esp on hills

More
15 years 8 months ago #3054 by huppypuppy
The Merc my mate owns has the 12 speed manual gearbox and she sh@ts all over Kenworths and Macks - although if you had the 12 speed gearbox in it, it might be a bit quicker.....

Just a thought there, mate!

More
15 years 8 months ago #3055 by kennymopar
ill prob get the injectors serviced etc once shes back on the road..i hope it improves the performance!

More
15 years 8 months ago #3056 by JimmyDodge
Hi Kenny ,
any reason you picked the Merc ? ( and I thought you were a 'mopar man'!' lol) mate ,it's your 'bread and butter'and I respect your decision.
regards Harleigh.
ps. I'll pm you soon about any lead for a rust free or should i say less rusty D5n can for my old clunker.
H. ;D

More
15 years 8 months ago #3057 by kennymopar
well actually i bought my dodge 760 in march & i was going to extend the chassis etc & fit a 24ft + pantech on it ... main reason being no log books required(11.6 tonne GVM) & also the dodge is running gas ....anyway the mercedes came up for the rite price also it came with a 6 wheel furniture trailer...it was sort of buy the trailer and get the truck for the price of a maccas soft serve cone . . . the dodge is now on the backburner for a while

More
15 years 8 months ago #3058 by JimmyDodge
Kenny I did a bit of research on the D5N the other day, that is I phoned the number on the door of the truck. I left a message on an answering machine , and the next day a Mr Ron McDonald phoned me back . He was surprised the Dodge was still going. I replied it wasn't really, and I was going to do it up.( he was probably more surprised then!)
He said he bought it from a Robbins Transport near Geelong. It was originally a prime mover, that used to go Melbourne - Sydney. Robbins transport had a range of different trucks and they later converted it to a tipper. He said it was pretty tired even when they bought it. ( his business was Newtown pools).
To cut a long story short , I noticed you said about lengthening your Dodge's chassis ,any advice on the best way of doing this? I suppose I should throw this in a new thread.
regards Harleigh.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds