Skip to main content

New to the forum

More
15 years 8 months ago #3529 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: New to the forum
Hi Steve, I am sure you will learn a lot off this forum, I know I have been overwhelmed with the amount of help I have received in the few short weeks I have been onboard.
About the transport of your truck, I stumbled across website, called
www.loadshift.com.au/ . You just fill in the transport request form and wait for the quotes to come in . I received two replies,for the Dodge, but I ended up ringing a company that advertised on the website.
It was Millars transport. I think they are in Gippsland.
They charged me $2000.00 . plus $200 gst which they forgot to tell me about till I rang up to give them the go ahead, so check when you call. The other quote I got from a place in Melbourne was $3,300.
This was from Melbourne to the NSW central coast, door to door by the way.
Hope this helps,
Regards Harleigh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3530 by Steve H
Replied by Steve H on topic Re: New to the forum

She looks a good, solid truck, Steve. You've done well.

Almost looks as though she was done up as a military vehicle for a movie.

Thanks boys, it does look good doesn't it? The guy I bought it off said it was in the Great Raid, but I thought they were Chevs in that flick???

Cheers for the link, Harleigh, I'll try that too. Toruble is, the Ford comes in at 617 cm so is too long for most light commercial carriers.

I'll keep you posted.

cheers

Steve

More
15 years 8 months ago #3531 by Steve H

Gidday Steve, welcome to the forum.
Here's an ex army 41 Ford. Colour is legit for the syrian desert brigade or something like that me mate said. It will be at Sandown this year...if it doesnt fall of the trailer on the way.
Barry

Barry, where was the cavas work done for this rig pleae? I will be needing a tarp to cover the bows on mine.

ta

Steve

More
15 years 8 months ago - 15 years 8 months ago #3532 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: New to the forum
She's a WA truck, Steve.

I think they used a bit of everything in that movie. If anything, the stuff that looked a bit different, like this Ford, might have been done as Japanese trucks. I seem to recall Bedfords and Diamond Ts also being used. A six-wheeler armoured car was made out of a Landcruiser chassis!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 8 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3533 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: New to the forum
Steve try Hi Haul, Doolans etc if the take machiner up sometimes come back empty . If not try Dave at Wilinson transport Coldstream Melb.Podge. :)

More
15 years 8 months ago #3534 by Steve H
Well, I got it here on Monday night for $1200 from Brisbane to Melbourne door to door. AND the bastard wouldn't start on pick up in Brissy so they had to winch her on. That made drop off interesting as I have a slightly uphill driveway!!!!!!!!!

Last night, after spraying a bit of Start ya Bastard down the carby neck she was soon purring like a kitten which is good.

I used JimmyDodges Loadshift option which worked a treat- within 5 minutes of posting the job I had a call and got a backload. Ace stuff, so thanks to ALL who provided me with ideas on transport.

I'll organise some pics over the weekend and post them up next week.

Onyaz

Steve

More
15 years 8 months ago #3535 by JimmyDodge
Replied by JimmyDodge on topic Re: New to the forum
Onya Steve,
glad the " Loadshift"worked for you. Mate I think you got a screaming bargain at $1200.00. with the price of diesel, I agree with Swishy the days of cheap transport are almost over.
Harleigh.

15 years 8 months ago #3536 by
Replied by on topic Re: New to the forum
Hi Steve well to the forum it looks like you have done ok already who was the transport company that bought her home . Dave

More
15 years 8 months ago #3537 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: New to the forum
Way to go, Steve!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 8 months ago #3538 by Steve H
Not sure of the company name, but the owner/operator was Terry Stevens, so if you're out there Terry- bloody good job mate!!!!!!! He is based in Lang Lang.

I couldn't have asked for a better lift from Terrys mob- given the circumstances of the sellers claims that she was running at the time of sale- pigs arse! It hadn't been started for months and it was only after I had it manually off the lowloader and parked up that I got it going. It was an interesting offload to say the least!

Anyway- all good! :D

Time to create page: 0.582 seconds