Skip to main content

Unknown 1950s Ford

More
15 years 7 months ago #3932 by Inta ACCOs

The above photo is of the late Vince Ridolfo who founded a significant transport empire here in WA.

This is his first truck in 1957. Apparently it was second-hand when he got. It is clear that it's a Ford but do any members know what model it is what it was likely to have been powered by? It would have need some ponies to be carting those long power poles around.

Apparently Vince's youngest son has recovered the vehicle somewhere in QLD and is now resotoring it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #3933 by kennymopar
Replied by kennymopar on topic Re: Unknown 1950s Ford
it looks like a ford F500 or F600 ..the F700+usually has spider wheels..im guessing its powered by a Yblock V8 petrol(i forget the capacity of them but somewhere around 292(4.8litre)rings a bell..if its diesel powered it could be anything from a P6 perkins

More
15 years 7 months ago #3934 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Unknown 1950s Ford
Dan Ridolfo is currently restoring the family's original Pete which, from memory, was found in Qld as well. Didn't know about the Ford.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 7 months ago #3935 by Inta ACCOs
Replied by Inta ACCOs on topic Re: Unknown 1950s Ford
Andy,

We're talking about the same guys but are we talking about the same truck? I just assumed that Dan was restoring the Ford in the photo. If not, what is he restoring?

Cheers,
Joe

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #3936 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Unknown 1950s Ford
Joe, he's definitely restoring a Peterbilt, 1960 or 62 model from memory but could be as old as mid-50s. I've only seen it as a rolling chassis with engine and that was probably back in 2004. The chassis was full of new CAT bolts as he used to be an apprentice for Caterpillar! Work slowed down a fair bit when he took on the fleet maintenance for the family company.

Barry has seen the truck a lot more recently than me so he'll be able to tell you how far advanced she is now. Dan may also have found the Ford.

A friend of mine had a Mack B613 that still had the roobar with the V in it (for Vince Ridolfo). While the truck was an ugly, worn brown, here and there the paint had worn away and you could still see the dark green and the white stripe from her Ridolfo days. That truck now lives in Denmark, WA but no idea whether it's getting returned to its original colours.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by Andy Wright.

Time to create page: 0.407 seconds