Skip to main content

Some more toys

12 years 5 months ago #47381 by
Replied by on topic Re: Some more toys
...nah swishy....still R170 rockwell with tag axle.

that tarped load pic is there lurking in your S model site, ..somewhere, 'ol mate.

cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #47382 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Some more toys
Love the Foden, Lang. Haven't seen that one before.

Where is Toll's heritage collection? Are we mere mortals allowed to visit?

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
12 years 5 months ago #47383 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Some more toys
Andy and Lang, this one is in Darwin.

More
12 years 5 months ago #47384 by crackers
Replied by crackers on topic Re: Some more toys
crackers here that b model mack in the photo with the cubico van was harold mccrackens from then traralgon before moving to wodonga it was joe bromages only b model harold brought it from joe himeself having sold the cabover 200 inter ex poultons berwick to a fella called allan green also kept it on with cubico that was harolds first truck being an owner driver

More
4 years 5 months ago #203400 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Some more toys
Just reviving an old thread.... bit keen on the old Hartridge topic as we finally got the old Hartridge Kenworth going again after MUCH rooting around..
Blokes must have been skinny n those days thats for sure, cos gee there's not exactly lots of legroom!
Cheers
Rich

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #203409 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Some more toys
comon ProD... you know the rules (Well its been a while so ya mighta forgot...) Pickchas, we gotta have lotsa pickchas...... We have all forgot what truck you are talkin about after eight years....
run em again..... and welcome back

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Sarge.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #203419 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Some more toys
I want to see the old Kenworth as well.

Just had a look at the thread and see Photobucket have stuffed the photos in their greed. I will try to find some clear ones to replace those blurred toy ones.

The Kenworth and Volvo have new homes but I still have the Commer and KBS5 International (plus various military vehicles)

Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, PaulFH

More
4 years 5 months ago #203422 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Some more toys
How could you forget this fine piece of trucking history... wow, 11 years.. thats how quick life is wizzing by!
This is the KW with th eperpetual oil leak- beyond any NORMAL gm, I mean astronomical. So after completely rrebuilding the bloody thing, then a clutch and a rear main, THEN the rear housing, it just goes on and on...but it still leaks. Maybe at tolerable (normal GM?) levels now, but still...
My mate Max has been invaluable... he loves these bloody Detroits! And he's much clevererer than I am...
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, Lang, PaulFH

More
4 years 5 months ago #203606 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Some more toys
Well it was the old girl's first kinda major anything since the engine was put back together. Up to Boort for the weekend to see all the shiny things.
Truck went really well, didn't even leak TOO much oil, so we may be finally starting to get on top of the oil leaks (at least until new ones start, it is a Detroit, after all, so it's only a matter of time)
No power steering, no heater, pretty noisy, bit rough to ride in, no legroom, small bunk.. . but good fun....
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, Southbound

More
4 years 5 months ago #203608 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Some more toys
You got a choice,either run the airbox drains back into the sump,and load it up with soot,or run them out thru some kind of oil trap....i used to make nice oiltraps from the little fire extinguisher cases........but the drivers got to remember to drain them.......But when I rebuilt motors for the compressors,they never leaked a drop of oil,and only grey sludge came out the drains............when you got worn liners and rings,you can see the black oil running down the liner ports at idle with the handhole covers off........worn blower bearings and seals also make for bulk oil in the drains.......You cant blame GM for worn out motors.

Time to create page: 0.596 seconds