Skip to main content

Club Licence

More
15 years 7 months ago #4639 by GM Diesel
Club Licence was created by GM Diesel
Howdy All,

Can someone give me a summary of how the club licence system works in Victoria and what it costs.
In WA you have to put a new restoration over the pits with police inspector to gain licence then vehicle has to be inspected every year there after by a authorised club inspector. Club licence is $83 per year. No mods allowed with the exception of shiney bits and upgraded lighting.
If police stop a club licensed vehicle and it is found to be unroadworthy or modified club inspector can be deregistered so they are going by the book with the annuals so there is no carton of Bundy favours to be had there.
Any modification at all and you are not eligible for club licence and have to run full licence. This includes if you change from 10.00-20 tyres to tubeless. Engine swaps etc and your defiantly out. Pretty harsh as there are not many of the bigger trucks around that haven

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4640 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Club Licence

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

More
15 years 7 months ago #4641 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Club Licence
Shadow,
A box comes up and tells me im not allowed to access the link ??

More
15 years 7 months ago #4642 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Club Licence
Sorry GM, It is in a members only area.

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

15 years 7 months ago #4643 by
Replied by on topic Re: Club Licence
Hi Barry got your money for the dinner.

Red plates in the HCVCA you need to RWC present that to our tech officers and they give you a letter and off you go to Vic Roads pay over your cash and they give you red plates about $80-00 the onus on you to keep the truck in rwc.

Quite few years back we did do our own inspections but got scraced off if a truck got in to prang it could come back to bite us.

Other clubs (truck) still do there own inspections

To retain your red plates you must be a fully paid up member all time at the of june we send letter to Vic Roads of those who have not paided up and then there a unregisted truck.

I n HCVCA you are given a new membership card each and this is your proof you are a memder. Dave

More
15 years 7 months ago #4644 by GM Diesel
Thanks for the info Dave...Just interested how you guys did it.
Now im paid up for the dinner I better pull me finger out and get this truck finished to get there !

Barry

More
15 years 7 months ago #4645 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Club Licence
Barry,
here in Vic, the law will accept interstate vehicles on face value, that is if you bring a WA club vehicle here and it meets the WA rules then thats good for us, I would assume WA would accept a Vic vehicle the same way, so get a Vic Address and Vic club plates and you might side step the issue... really you should "reside" in the state you register in... terms like Permanant address pop up, but until those hard questions are asked .... ;) ;) or put them in Andy's name :-X

Sarge

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4646 by GM Diesel
Sarge,

If I put them in Andy's name he'd probibly sell em and use the money to buy more bedfords !
WA will accept Vic club licence vehicles...doesnt happen often though cos we dont have any shows :'( apart from the odd appearance at an ag show or similar.

Barry

More
15 years 7 months ago - 15 years 7 months ago #4647 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Club Licence
As if I'd do that to you Baz. Now, I might somehow acquire the Leylands or Albions I'm after but I wouldn't be trading anything of the ilk of your 90 for anything!

Btw, Jodi saw that blue C-series Inter from Drouin when she was in Warragul last week getting our plates changed over. Reckoned it sounded pretty good.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 7 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4648 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Club Licence
Deadly, I don't know when you actually last paid the rego bill but the the one for the Inter turned up for around $108. Its the same amount of all vehicles on 'Red Plates" whether they are a motorbike or a quad axle tanker.

VicRoads has reciprical arrangements with most other states. However ours is classified by Vicroads an 'unregistered vehicle permit' rather than a 'concessional registration' which was/is not recognised in WA as it is not/ was not considered 'registration'. I know there were negotiations being made to try and fix this anomoly. We were/are meant to pruchase a 'permit' in WA to driveour victorian vehicles

I will see what I can find out - it may take me a week or 2

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds