Skip to main content

* * * Manure Happenz * * *

More
2 years 7 months ago #224080 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Hope the truckie did the right thing and had his little red flag out at the end of that bloody long overhang.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224082 by Mrsmackpaul
Im pretty sure on these private logging roads no flag was needed
NewZealand is apparently got huge areas of private logging roads

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 7 months ago #224085 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
The end of the log(s) are painted red.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224103 by Southbound
I won’t say anything about his poor load restraints as that would be casting aspersions

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, Dodgeydude

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224682 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Big Block Chev

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/a/AVvXsEjx0NF0CGUHQv8VQTBo8l1ZAHIGDUSLXM9S4tZuBWZ-GG1QddgtWvzwa9p1OrH3YTlpTE1sBRX43vV98Bc_xclzYihUNF0vI8qoc6pW7KZidaVwgLphReSXhGtiVmLytbz2PkzwDF7KoIYHSpcYB7cgGOEk8d4xMsaY9hVqA52VPojFnt38LC8=s599

WotsezU?

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Swishy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
2 years 7 months ago #224685 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Not only would that weird green light be on but flashing at the driver to really warn him of an impending issue.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
2 years 7 months ago #224696 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Swishy, the driver of that Chev would be getting boulder and boulder.

In the good old days (about 15 to 40 years ago) that flashing green light in the BMW meant that the car was going to turn left no matter what the driver wanted. These days, they only come on when you play with that little leaver on the steering column.
When I got my driver's licence on my sixteenth birthday my car, a 1948 Vauxhall, had trafficators (those little arms that came out and lit up to indicate a turn) but my driver's questions required me to describe hand signals for left and right turns and a stop. Years later I got my heavy combination licence and there were no questions about turning indicators.

The day before yesterday, I entered a roundabout in town and a middle aged lady approached from my left indicating a right turn. Even though I had right-of-way, she entered the roundabout and turned left. She continued for a block and then turned right into the carpark of a pokie venue.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
2 years 7 months ago #224710 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
What irks me is when people are leaving the roundabout, they use the right hand blinker.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge, cobbadog, PaulFH, asw120, Zuffen, oliver1950

More
2 years 7 months ago #224719 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Morris you just reminded me off my first car, a 1949 Austin A40. Within a week I had perfected the foot behind the gear lever in third gear technique to stop it spitting it out of gear when accelerating. But more importantly, were the limp wristed trafficators. My brother conveniently "borrowed" my parents car the day I went for my driving test, eventuating in the A40 having to be used instead. All through the test I indicated when needed, casually leaning across behind the police officer testing me, so I could thump the door pillar so the trafficator would at least show more than just the chrome top piece! Dixon of Dock Green's only comment was, "That seems to do the trick nicely" as the arm audibly reached the top of its stroke with a muted thud. :ohmy: Memories. :)

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #224722 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
PDU, my Dad went for his licence in the mother country between the end of the war and 1950. He used a borrowed Fordson E83. As the old van was not fitted with a passenger seat, a five gallon drum was provided for the testing officer's comfort.
Whether it was Dad's rudimentary clutch control or the poor state of post war vehicles, is debatable, but during the hill start manoeuvre the testing fellow ended up on his arse, against the back doors of the van. Miraculously, he passed.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by V8Ian.

Time to create page: 0.607 seconds