Skip to main content

* * * Manure Happenz * * *

More
12 years 8 months ago #57354 by overdrive
[ftp] [/ftp]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #57355 by bigcam
O.D. what happened there? did the pusher do too much pushering?

More
12 years 8 months ago #57356 by Medicated Mick

swishy that pic in reply #9 is not the container carrier breaking off. It is the boom on the telescopic forklift simply bending for reasons unknown.
the reason i no this is that in the "what will i tell the boss" section in the lastest truckin'life showing multiple pics of this mess the truck was simply parked in the yard so says truckin'life anyway

BIDSTBC 8-)

Yes the truck was parked up an the reachstacker hydraulics failed while the operator was attemting to stack the container ontop of the container beside the crushed truck,when the rams failed the box was aproximatly 6mtrs. in the air and as it fell it falls in an arc due to the boom pivot and is the reason the box hit the truck and not the container the operator was trying to land on.

Mick.

More
12 years 8 months ago #57357 by Rusty Engines
Pick on somebody your own size
Ian

More
12 years 8 months ago #57358 by The Learner
the pics from truckin'life for all 2 c

You learn something new every day

More
12 years 8 months ago #57359 by Medicated Mick
If you take a look you will notice that both of the boomlift rams are equally extended and just out of shot the base of the left ram has let go causing the boom to pivot to the right as the stacker was turning to place the box in the stack,it is a very uncommon failure unlike the more common nosedive that results in the stacker balanced on the drive as happened on a number of times when a rather large shipping line changed over to stackers from heavy forklifts. I myself wouldn't like to have been at the controls of the stacker when the ram come through the front windscreen. :o :o :o

Mick.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
12 years 8 months ago #57360 by Swishy

Thanx Learner for them pix

Medi Mik
Gudday M8

The Learners pix sho a bit more
if eye can B an arm chair 'KnoAll'
LOL
looks like the stakr might been aim n for the stack infront of the doomed truck
May B with the uneven ground (may B read Pothole)
the wheel went in just as the stakr twaz turn n
n the weight of the heavily loaded container took over
n decided where to land
A lot of this modern gear is designed for flat smooth conditions

Jist Guess n here

LOL

Wot Say U
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
12 years 8 months ago #57361 by Medicated Mick
Swishy couldn't agree more,I have been through that yard once or twice and it is better than the yard I worked out of for a number of years.The yard we were in was a bloody disgrace that ended an operators career when the 44ton forklift he was operating sheered the dual wheels off at the chassis while he was mobileing a 40ft box through the yard he was unhurt in the incident but was never confident in operating and I for one don't blame him.It is one thing to stuff up and come unstuck but when you are operating this type of gear at the limit (28ton box on a 75ton stacker) and somthing givesway you are just along for the ride. :( :(

More
12 years 8 months ago #57362 by GM Diesel

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

12 years 8 months ago #57363 by
Replied by on topic Re: * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Baz, that looks like another steering wheel attendant who has far exceeded his abilities and position. Ya just gotta ask, why do trucks roll over just taking a simple corner? In maybe 1% of cases, mechanical failure .. in 99% of cases, it's a driver who should have never been given a truck-driving position, because their skills and judgement just aren't up to the task. He should have stuck to flipping burgers, instead of trying his flipping skill on trucks.

Time to create page: 0.684 seconds