Skip to main content

* * * Manure Happenz * * *

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202583 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
.A load of manure ,(plus truck) goes into the drink ……………….

…………………...Billy...……………..

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by BillyP.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 8 months ago #202585 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Oh Crap

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
4 years 8 months ago #202586 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
I presume that is the big new roundabout that took over a year to build at a cost of squillions of taxpayer Dollars? I am sure I drove through the roadworks for it on the way to two consecutive Bendigo Swapmeets, which are held each November.

Vic Roads, who changed their name to Country Roads Victoria in order to waste even more taxpayer money, will use the excuse that they used near me when they got it wrong "That's what our computer modelling showed us was the way to do it"

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
4 years 8 months ago #202588 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
One time a trailer moved out from the dock with a fork in the back,fork driver didnt notice in the bright light ,the drop to the ground killed the fork driver....Frigmobile ... late 60s.early 70s

More
4 years 8 months ago #202595 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
Charming job for the divers going down to extricate the barge, truck, and contents :sick:

• BillyP
More
4 years 8 months ago #202596 by BillyP
…………..and as he was a sinking
…………...a sinking like a stone
…………he heard a maggot singing
……….theres no place like home...………..
………………….Billy...………………...

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

More
4 years 8 months ago #202597 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic * * * Manure Happenz * * *
One problem is coxswains (Grade 5) tickets only have rudimentary stability education and these blokes probably had no idea - or even thought about - the centre of gravity of a high tanker truck.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202599 by Blackduck59
Not exactly the correct way to side unload.

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #202602 by wee-allis
In the early '80s, a similar thing happened to another barge and truck just a few miles up the river from where this happened.
They were building a large home on a block only accessable by water, opposite Brooklyn on the Hawkesbury river. The home owner, a well known identity in the building industry needed a barge to cart machinery and material to and from his site. Being aware of the cost of continued hire of a suitable barge, he had one designed and built to use on the job. Bare in mind this was a multi million dollar construction job. The barge arrived and the first load was a bogie tipper and an excavator to the site. Second load was the loaded tipper from there to where the spoil was to be delivered, just down stream. As the barge left the block it started to list, as the truck was not quite centred.

Now this barge had been built with twin fuel tanks of about 1500 litres each, with a 50mm balance pipe between them. As it had been driven up from Botany Bay to the job, they were both well down on fuel. Barge lists, balance pipe does it's thing and base over apex goes the lot.

I know this as I was part of the initial salvage team.
Steve.
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by wee-allis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Southbound

• BillyP
More
4 years 8 months ago #202605 by BillyP
.When I was first at Alltrans delivering bricks out of Zacuba, we had 8 wheeler Cameranians , one of my first runs by my self
was a full load (4700 bricks) to go to Danger Island on the Hawkesbury.
Brambles had a barge that we backed onto at Brooklyn.
The only reason I went onto the barge was because other deliveries had gone before me.
Backing on, the front of the barge went under , the water was up to the centre of the drive hubs before the
truck started to level things out. I had to manoeuvre the truck on the deck to get the barge level, then the captain
says , away we go. As i looked back at dry land I thought I am definitely not staying in the cab, also I thought
thank christ I can swim. Same thing getting off at the island,but not so bad coming back with the load off.
My directions to find the right boat ramp was...…….there is a wharf next to the ramp that will have a load of sand
on it that is also going to the island. Couldn't see a load of sand anywhere, eventually found it, the load had been
tipped onto the wharf , but the planks had a gap and all the sand had went through into the water , just a few inches
sitting on each plank. Never a dull moment carting bricks I can assure you. ………………
……………………..Billy...……………………..

The following user(s) said Thank You: ianoz, Southbound, xspanrman

Time to create page: 0.570 seconds