Skip to main content

Bromage's Macks.....

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #58616 by Chocs
Bromage's Macks..... was created by Chocs
I was yarning to a bloke the other day and we were discussing the different fleets etc that were used to service the regional centres...

(Joe?) Bromages were one that came to mind...

If my memory is right...Huey drove one of em .. the others names escape me at the moment...
i used to see a few of theirs on the road, when i worked out of Shepparton (Victoria) in the mid '80's

chocs 8-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #58617 by cemeNTepede
Not quite "Macks" but Bromage just the same.

This is an ex Bramage Mack. 300hp.

Bromage subbie,Ron Adison unloading at Wagga 1978.
8V71, 15sp RR

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by cemeNTepede.

More
12 years 8 months ago #58618 by Young Fella
When I was a kid I remember Bromage's little depot in Melbourne Road, Newport (Vic). It was an old Shell servo on the corner of Wilkins Street. I can remember the yellow Macks with the tankers parked along the wall of the shop next to the servo. He was a subbie to Shell, which was (and still is) just up the road in Burleigh Street, Spotswood. The old servo is some sort of fish and chip franchise shop now, there is no indication of it ever being a servo. I know a bloke who might have a photo or 2 of some of the old Macks. Watch this space.

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #58619 by Raggsie
Replied by Raggsie on topic Re: Bromage's Macks.....
Amazing thing Google, type in anything remotely involved with trucks and you generally end up with a thread on the forum. :)
Full credit to the owner of this pic viewed on Flickr.

Whatever happened to all those Macks ? :-?
Remember his depot in Newport as I worked for another Shell subbie from time to time just a couple of blocks away.
Also was talking to another Bloke about Ron Addison a couple of weeks ago, still carting fuel over in the West.

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Raggsie.

More
10 years 8 months ago #58620 by 67mustang
Replied by 67mustang on topic Re: Bromage's Macks.....
Hi guys

Joe sold the business to Ian Cootes around the late 80s, Ian then based them in at Coode Island, they all nearly got burnt when the big Coode Island fire happened, the Super liners were picked up every Saturday morning by our mechanics at Coode Island and taken back to Seaford for servicing, it was always a race to be first in then have the race back to Seaford before returning them Saturday night in turn ready for the drivers to head out Sunday, a few of the drivers I remember, Peter Redding, Jeff and Ray Fletcher, Loydd Redpath, REnnie Coburn, Huey did work for Joe and ther was a guy at the Border, Barry was his name and he used to take a tape recorder and wind the left window down and tape the sound of the V8, I think Neil Jamieson done some work for Joe at the old depot, 2 pay packets and brand new Michellin tyres when you wanted them, one of the daycab ended up with a tipper body on it working out of the Wollert quarry many years ago, they guys alway slowed thru the towns done to the speed limit but once out of town it was a different story

67mustang

More
10 years 8 months ago #58621 by Giddy up Go
Great thread Chocs, I can remember a blown up poster size photo of the Superliners (gold one and blue one) on the wall at West Wyalong Shell for years!
Great pic Raggsie, Love those Fruehauf tanks :)
Giddy

"Gotta long way to go and a short time to get there....."

More
10 years 8 months ago #58622 by Burnt Out Bert
Sutton's yarragon had this old one of bromages subbying for knightshttp://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz257/burntoutbert/bth_scan0028.jpg?t=1377082945

• Topic Author
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #58623 by
Replied by on topic Re: Bromage's Macks.....

Amazing thing Google, type in anything remotely involved with trucks and you generally end up with a thread on the forum. :)
Full credit to the owner of this pic viewed on Flickr.

Whatever happened to all those Macks ? :-?
Remember his depot in Newport as I worked for another Shell subbie from time to time just a couple of blocks away.
Also was talking to another Bloke about Ron Addison a couple of weeks ago, still carting fuel over in the West.

g'day Raggsie .. she's one of the early ones with that lovely 400 V8 ... going by the Vic interstate ''IT'' rego....

More
10 years 8 months ago #58624 by Raggsie
Replied by Raggsie on topic Re: Bromage's Macks.....
Here`s the gold version 8-)

all shiny and new. 8-)
Rags

1956 International AR160&&196? International A414&&1988 Ford F250&&1982 FORD

More
10 years 7 months ago #58625 by steve1
Replied by steve1 on topic Re: Bromage's Macks.....
Oh dear...I think I have an erection.

cheers

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds