Skip to main content

Gold Nugget Kenworth, where are they all hiding

12 years 1 week ago #66258 by
No not Phil, from a few stories I was told about him while out there.Some people might have a different opinion ,but I will back mine. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 week ago #66259 by 600Dodge
Ive been out of Busted Hole for many a year but since you first posted the comment about the "living legend" Ive been speaking to quite a few of my old mates from BH and they all basically say the same thing, there are two living legends in BH, Ripper Radford and the other one is definitely not PJ, in fact they all referred to him as that $#%@ J---sy and seemed to remember his story on 60 minutes when he tried to tell the world the government was against him and were the root of all of his problems. I'm not saying don't back your opinion just maybe be careful of where the facts you base it on come from.

12 years 1 week ago #66260 by
Ah chocs ol' mate , how would you be ? I take your point chocs but the statement was simply aerodyne - no mention of a high rise sleeper - hence great deal of confusion as an aerodyne is purely a cab over . Oh dear ? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

More
12 years 1 week ago #66261 by Ryan

Ah chocs ol' mate , how would you be ? I take your point chocs but the statement was simply aerodyne - no mention of a high rise sleeper - hence great deal of confusion as an aerodyne is purely a cab over . Oh dear ? :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

NO, that is just terminology regarding the COE adapted here in Australia. If we are talking gold nuggets which everyone knows in Australia are W-models and SAR's and I state that they had aerodynes........ this means they have Aerodyne sleeper, in Aero 1 configuration which equates to a standup "hi-rise" sleeper, which was released in the late 70's in the USA.
My mention of "Aerodyne" 2.8m K100E (as clarification!) having the same interior was the link i made.
Next time i will be a little more precisie with my statements.

12 years 1 week ago - 12 years 1 week ago #66262 by
..the kenworth aerodyne config. basically comes down to style of roof offered..be-it the bunk on your ''conventional'', or part of your cabover....

More
11 years 9 months ago #66263 by Debo
OK i've got some pics of the nugget we used to own

as you can see we used her for a variety of jobs not all ours though

11 years 9 months ago #66264 by
.How gold is that :D :D ;)Pity wasn,t a wider shot to pic up its mates :(

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #66265 by Phred1
As far as I'm aware the gold nuggets had a plate in the cab confirming it was a gold nugget and it also stated the customer it was built for,I remember seeing one with TYMPAT's name on it.
How about this W-model,it still does the rounds that I know of..... Cheers JOTS.

[/quote]
This one belongs to Peter Cullen. I believe Peter got it from Perth and it was CAT powered, it now has a series 60 in it.
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Phred1.

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds