LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #5865 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Club did good
Yep, I'll second that. A great weekend all round despite the weather's best efforts to put it off course.

Good to see so many hard core types turn up on Sunday - the scene in Victoria is that hard core, it looked like the usual turn out!

We had a small Forum gathering as well. Great to finally meet Sarge, Scout and BParo and MrsP (thanks for the LAD lead!) and catch up with Swish, Deadly, Rayoh, GMDiesel (who rightly won the President's Choice for his 190), JBlair, Melonreo, Russ, Podge, Grash, Cunning Stunt...

Didn't catch The Shadow or Atkipete sadly.

Stand out truck not seen before for me? The Morris' Leyland Super Hippo with float and load. Awesome.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5866 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Club did good
Andy, I was there, I saw you down the road taking photos, I was 3 car before the Diamond T and the Double Decker Bus.
I got talking to a few there, but did not see you on the ground :(

But we know each other, that is just as bad :D ;D

Andy did you get some great photos.

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

More
15 years 5 months ago - 15 years 5 months ago #5867 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Club did good
Shad, I'm afraid I didn't pay much attention to the cars when stuff was coming in! Got a bit busy at times!

Not sure about great photos. Have killed a few already due to a combination of flying vehicles and slow photographer. Got some that look okay but am pretty hard on my pics and pick them apart rather harshly (deleted a few shortly after taking them and then knocked off some more at home). The overcast and generally gloomy conditions made it tricky but am reasonably happy to have got some different pics. Next year I might put up a sign - "Slow down to have your photo taken"! A few of the guys did actually slow down when they saw me (I wasn't showing any leg!) so many thanks if it was you and you read this!

Managed to shoot roughly two shots of each vehicle that arrived between 0700 and 1000. Will have no record of some as not happy with either pic but there's a few where every shot is clear. I'll post my favourites in a different thread soon. I'll get the next issue of the mag done first! ;D ::)

Got two cool pics of Deadly in the Beddy looking straight down the lens and waving but the first pic is in mottled lighting and the second I managed to slightly chop the end of the tray off. Have kept them anyway as they'll make a good post!

A certain Mack tilt tray also came up well.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 5 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5868 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Club did good
On the money Swishy, an excellent day, my first visit and will visit again in my trusty ACCO.

Topped the day off with Mr Burrows Fordson trundling past in Nunawading and then an olmost endless procession of very nice but mostly new prime movers and tow trucks going the opther way all the way to the Castlemaine turn off... they obviously had a good roll up too.

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5869 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Club did good
We had a great time, got home yesterday afternoon. Apart from some battery issues and hearing issues (I have some after the trip) the Commers went well and left a nice smoke trail back to Sydney. Thanks for all your hospitality and especially Andrew Denton for a great night and for organising a lift home for us in the A30 8-)

We are trying to organise a Sydney historic truck show with the Museum of Fire up here that will be a 1-2 day annual event around September next year and will keep you posted.

Some play hard to get

More
15 years 5 months ago #5870 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: Club did good
I know the Sydney members of the golden oldys would be interested to have some sort of show or gathering, so if you want to combine? or talk to some one about it.

More
15 years 5 months ago #5871 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Club did good
We actually had a meeting in Melbourne on Sunday with myself (G.O member) Ed and Mark White who heads the museum. It'll be through the Golden Oldies club.

Some play hard to get

15 years 5 months ago #5872 by
Replied by on topic Re: Club did good
Dont forget that Charlie Palmer is planing the 30th year of the blockcade of razor back near Sydney. Dave

More
15 years 5 months ago #5873 by podge66
Replied by podge66 on topic Re: Club did good
:DL agree with all , the show was great and the roll up of trucks local and interstate was fantastic. For the big milers like Barry from Perth and the Commer boys Sydney it is great to see the trucks on show. We took 2 630 DiamondTs on the Kenworth and drove the R200 and F750 Ford. The weather Saturday was almost enough to call it quites but seeing Sunday made it worth while. Thank you to all at the dinner and all that bought trucks. Keep the old trucks rolling and on show.
Podge

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds