15 years 4 months ago #5980 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Proud Dad
Jeezuz Greenie
U paint a bleak picture
LOL
U can Make the job hard or easy
Most flat tyres happen "just as we entered the yard Boss "
LOL
Drivers dont like super singles cos when U get a flat U gotta change it there n then
If U run by the book U could make a living :
IF
LOL
many ol drivers R getn out of driving cos of all the BS
log book entries
misspelled town names
'T'z not crossed n 'i'z not dotted
incorect date 08 is not 2008
Sloppy hand writing (even seen or decipher a doctors hand writing)
LOL
if U plan your trip
check truck out
check weights
do the math
run by the book
u can make a $
know the rules n laws
run within them = A OK
but when the law pulls u up
they dont warn U any more
they R out to make a $ for the guvment n pay there wage
so letm geta away with the minium
LOL
cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #5981 by
Replied by on topic Re: Proud Dad
I think Greenie has got Swishy emotional! Most of Swishy's post is in normal english! ;D Or could it be I'm starting to be able to read swishy's posts? :o But I agree with everything Swishy talks about.

Every job has its down side! If we always looked at the downside of a job. We would all be on Social Security!

All I can say is from what Harleigh has mentioned sounds like his kid has plenty of things going for him. Also sounds like he has the drive (no pun intended) to go for it!

Remember as Swishy mentioned many are getting out of the industry due to the new regulations that are unusual to them. It will be normal to the new truckies as that is all they will know. And as we all know we need trucks to keep things moving.

Good luck to Harleigh Jr and go out an give it a go!

More
15 years 4 months ago #5982 by Blacksmithpete
Replied by Blacksmithpete on topic Re: Proud Dad
Well its time for me to put my 2 bobs worth in
yes every job has its downside even social security would be bad you would have to put up with all the doll bludges
Greenie seems to think horses r safer than trucks but I got to say Ive had more injuries from horses than trucks
At least when your driving up the highway and you see that good old 4x4 towing the caravan approaching from a side road u know its going to pull out infront of u and sit on 80 ks
And to my m8 swishy u got to drive a pink truck I got pulled over in denni with 2 entries in the old log book putting me over the 12 hours
and was let off and as for the spelling and my writing ability if i wanted to spell propper i would have gone to school and if i havnt got the specs on every collum looks the same in a log book
I did my HR licence just 12 months ago It certainly is FULL ON for a couple of days the only thing that had me beet was the double clutching I even said the the instructor where in a rig worth 1/4 of a milion thats got everything that opens and shuts yet you got to double clutch
now that I have had my HR for 12 months I will go do the articulated licence

pete

15 years 4 months ago #5983 by
Greenie , i have driven trucks most of my live and i must admit it's been good to me .
Yes i'm single but i have been o/seas , have a house , some toys to play with (old trucks) i'm not a millionare but i'm happy and i love driving trucks.
Yes i have been booked for overloading and that was valueable lesson to learn as it hurt my hip pocket a lot as it was a days pay, changing tyres in dark with a torch struck in your mouth isn't much chop.
Bogged up to the axles and having dig yourself out or have your load shift not much fun either but taking all these things in i wouldnt change my live on road.
By way i did a appenticeship in gardening at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Melbourne so when i finished at the time there more money in truck driving so thats where i am now 34years in the game and still driving 8-). Dave

More
15 years 4 months ago #5984 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Proud Dad
Congrats to you both, Harleigh.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
15 years 4 months ago #5985 by kangaroo 1
Replied by kangaroo 1 on topic Re: Proud Dad
Jimmy Tell the young kid from the old kid "good Luck" I would do it all again if I had the chance.
I had plenty of bad times, a couple of good ones, never made much money, was a bit lucky, but it was bloody great.
I guess "road fever" only attacks some of us. regards Ray

15 years 4 months ago #5986 by
I agreed with everything Ray has said but he sure did it when things were tough but now its a soda and its great way to enjoy a life and for those old grumby men who say dont do it well they must have hated every minute on the hiway. Dave

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds