Skip to main content

Re: Chassis number locations -put them in here

• Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #72454 by
the peterbilt and kenworth chassis numbers strongly resemble ute 253's diamond stampings.

s model kenworths had their number under the exhaust manifold on rh (drivers side) top flange...most convenient...not!

this applied to the 900 kenworth as well but with an additional number stamped on the lh (passenger side) rail running down the rail at the angle of the front spring shackle bracket shape, just forward and next to it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #72455 by 352rhd
most pete's had serial#'s in various places,like behind dash panels & roof linings,ect,ect...dunno if it was s.o.p,or for the mexicans on the assy line.but i do stand to be corrr.....,hey detective you found that guys # yet???

More
12 years 3 months ago #72456 by monty
I Know for a fact that on early macks the SN is located on the right side of the truck, close to the rear of the front steer wheel close to where the wheel arch of the bonnett comes down. The position of the chassis number moved after a ceirtin date. ;)

More
12 years 3 months ago #72457 by oldbob70
G`Day gents
Foden --Above rear spring hanger on first steering axle can be either side of chassis. Often under hoist mounting.
A copy of factory Build sheets is avaiable from Chester Museum in the UK.
Oldbob

• Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #72458 by
g'day all couple more ..dco 405 and dcof 405, just forward of the front spring shackle bracket LH (passengers) side

beiderman, circa 1950 on both rails, up the front, on side of frame high in the corner ...this truck had me stumped for a ch/no and didn't have a clue where to start looking. suffice to say, when i found the number on the LH side i went across to the RH side and found the number also....upside down!!

it dawned on me that the bare rails were stamped side by side, possibly on a trestle, and as the bloke stamped one number he simply leaned across and stamped the other! stand the rails up and what have you got ?!! ;D ;D

• Topic Author
12 years 3 months ago #72459 by
Kenworth conventionals are on the top RH flange near the engine area and COEs top RH flange near or forward of the rear cab support and also on the side LH rail near the rear spring hanger of the front steer axle for either.The first KWs in Aust were 5 digits (7****) then were all six digit starting with a 1***** they were all seattle built.Early canadian were 5 digit starting with a 8****.Kansas City were 6 digit starting with 2*****,these were never built RHD for Aus as far as I'm aware.
And all Aust. builds are 6 digit starting with 4*****.
Cheers James.

More
12 years 3 months ago #72460 by farmer brown
I have found the CN on a COE as far forward as the shift tower on the top flange of the driver side chasie rail (76 model) 96 G cab's No is on top flange driver side rail next to were the rear cab mount bolts to the chasie. :)

More
12 years 2 months ago #72461 by cranky crank
Inter k5
passenger side on chassis between front hanger of spring(front) before front axil centre.

Chev trucks from 1942 to 1946
Passenger side before rear front spring hanger (front axil) or just after hanger.
If chassis has a stiffiner riveted on ,look about 4 inches on stiffiner at front just past rear spring hanger of front axil.Difficult to see if guard is bolted on as it is behind where the guard bolts to the cab.

More
12 years 2 months ago #72462 by Sarge
Now chocs is full of good ideas as we all agree, but I wonder if we can put it into a simpler form for ease of searching??? a couple of answers dont specify make/model so wont pop into a google search.....

Just a thort....

Butterbox ACCO seems like a standard inter practice, Pass side chassis in front of front spring hanger.

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
12 years 2 months ago #72463 by grumpy
When I worked for KW at Footscray and Bayswater in the early to mid seventies, the chassis number was stamped on the top flange of the RH (drivers' side) chassis rail between the front spring hangers, as well as being stamped on the top flange of the bumper or bull-bar (if the bull-bar was factory fitted).

Time to create page: 0.530 seconds