Skip to main content

An oil tanker

• Topic Author
15 years 4 months ago #6404 by
An oil tanker was created by
An oil tank er, also known as a petroleum tanker, is a vehicle designed for the bulk transport of oil. There are two basic types of oil tankers: the crude tanker and the product tanker. Crude tank ers move large quantities of unrefined crude oil from its point of extraction to refineries. Product tankers, generally much smaller, are designed to move petrochemicals from refineries to points near consuming markets.

Oil tankers are often classified by their size as well as their occupation. The size classes range from inland or coastal tank ers of a few thousand metric tons of deadweight (DWT) to the mammoth supertankers of 550,000 DWT. Tankers move approximately 2 billion metric tons of oil every year. Second only to pipelines in terms of efficiency,the average cost of oil transport by tanker amounts to only two or three United States cents per gallon.

Some specialized types of oil :Dtank ers have evolved. One of these is the naval oiler, a tanker which can fuel a moving vessel. Combination ore-bulk-oil carriers and permanently moored floating storage units are two other variations on the standard oil tanker design. Oil tankers have been involved in a number of damaging and high-profile oil spills. As a result, they are subject to stringent design and operational regulations.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 4 months ago - 15 years 4 months ago #6405 by Eddy
Replied by Eddy on topic Re: An oil tanker
I'll have eggs with my spam please ... sunny side up 8-)

... and Worcestershire sauce ... ;)

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"
Last edit: 15 years 4 months ago by Eddy.

• Topic Author
15 years 4 months ago #6406 by
Replied by on topic Re: An oil tanker
I have to agreed with Eddy this person has been here before spining this rubbish for those who cant remember the handle used that time was "comdir007" so come on Admin check them out before we get full of SPAM. Dave

More
15 years 4 months ago #6407 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: An oil tanker
I've just banned everything about him, Dave. It'll stop this username and the email he lists from going anywhere on here but if he changes computers he'll be back. If that happens, we'll just ban him again.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds