Skip to main content

Need help with info on Sandown show...............

More
15 years 2 months ago #6885 by Cunning Stunt
Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I know it's been a while but, well, I havn't had anything intelligent to say ;D

I have been approached by Truckin Life magazine to write a story on the Sandown Show following there all time bumper sales last month due to my Dubbo story (sarcasm is for Andy's benefit...how's the June issue going mate??) I took a heap of photos but need a few names to go with them and a bit of correct info.

Rather than waste bandwidth here could any gurus on the club please email me on bruce@hiquality.com.au so that I can pester you with a few details.

Thanks in advance

CS

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #6886 by Andy Wright
September issue, thank you very much, Bruce and...no comment. ;)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Andy Wright.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
15 years 2 months ago #6887 by Swishy
Stunnin
GuddayM8

RE: I havn't had anything intelligent to say

Do U really think we have th@ sort of stuff here to say
if th@ b the case little would B said @ all

LOL

I only know of a few th@ the others cant answer from the club
but ifn U wanna run it past me
here B my email address
swishy(AT)beamish.biz
n U no wot to place instead of the (AT) = @
LOL
cya

[ch9786]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
15 years 2 months ago #6888 by Cunning Stunt
Thanks Swish

I'm away tonight for a few days but I'll contact you on Monday or Tuesday night.

Cheers

Bruce

Some play hard to get

More
15 years 2 months ago #6889 by huppypuppy

Hi everyone, Happy New Year!

I know it's been a while but, well, I havn't had anything intelligent to say ;D

I have been approached by Truckin Life magazine to write a story on the Sandown Show following there all time bumper sales last month due to my Dubbo story (sarcasm is for Andy's benefit...how's the June issue going mate??) I took a heap of photos but need a few names to go with them and a bit of correct info.

Rather than waste bandwidth here could any gurus on the club please email me on bruce@hiquality.com.au so that I can pester you with a few details.

Thanks in advance

CS

Bruce,

You might be heading to News Magazines for a new job! ;D Only joking there mate! How's the job at Hi-Quality goin'???? Looking forward to the Sandown article!

Joe

More
15 years 2 months ago #6890 by monty
Mr C Stunt.

Just a quick question,

Since Trucken Life had such a bumber issue last December because of all the old time rigs, this is obviously what the people want, adding some substance to that mag, That is the first issue i have brought in 7 years +.

Q: why don't they produce the classic trucks magazine anymore, and why have they waited so long to to add oldies to the mag.

don't know if its a rant, or my inquiren mind.? ;)

-Monty

More
15 years 2 months ago #6891 by Cunning Stunt
Hey Mont

I think you meant BUMPER issue, not bumber..........

I got in touch with TL to ask the same questions as you and surprisingly, long term editor Jim Gibbson had gone and the new editor was an old aquaintance. He said that Classic Truck was not a financially viable option when it came out (might be different now though) but he was keen to cover the historic movement. Once I told him about my truck and he saw a pic he asked me to have a go at a story on Dubbo show. He was happy with the result 8-) and when I told him we were going to risk everything and run the Knocker to Sandown he said that if we got home in one piece he'd love a story on that show as well. I've pretty much finished it and it will hopefully be out in the next couple of issues.

All constructive critisism is to be sent to Swishy for screening before it comes to me. I'm no professional, just a bit over passionate about the hobby.

Apart from some future shows, I'm starting to line up some companys who have a lot of history and photos for storys on instruction from TL, so hopefully they have seen the light and we'll see more on the history of transport out here before too long.

Some play hard to get

More
15 years 2 months ago #6892 by Cunning Stunt
[quote author=huppypuppy link=1232537115/0#4 date=1233453995

Bruce,

You might be heading to News Magazines for a new job! ;D Only joking there mate! How's the job at Hi-Quality goin'???? Looking forward to the Sandown article!

Joe[/quote]

Thanks for cudos but I don't think I'd go grey quick enough. My George Clooney good looks are a direct attribute to managing a fleet of trucks and drivers and the joy they bring ..........

Some play hard to get

More
15 years 2 months ago #6893 by huppypuppy
Hey Bruce,

Me needs a job with you then! I have had a gutful of (I won't say the word - work it our for yourselves then insert here! Don't reply asking me whether the word is this or that otherwise I might get cranky!) at my current job who think they can boss me around, only having been with the company for 12 months! I have more superiority over them to make sure they do their job properly and offer constructive assistance and critisism!

Joe >:(

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #6894 by monty
Mr Stunner.

Yes BUMPER it is my engrish fails me on occasions, i knew not to change it the first time.

Good to hear that TL have seen the light, might buy some copies now.

-Monty
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by monty.

Time to create page: 0.528 seconds