Skip to main content

picked up an as160 international

More
11 years 11 months ago #83156 by v8 inter nut
hi there bought a 1 owner sheded as 160 today little worried i paid to much for it whats everyones thoughts? comes with perfect side boards bag loader and hydraulics was last rego in 96 no rust. bad points seat wrecked, roof bad dent was driving when put there 15 years ago.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #83157 by Mairjimmy
G/day V8 inter nut,
To late to worry about paying to much now,but if that is a water bag hanging on the tray it will be worth a little more. ;) ;) ;)Buying it will be the cheap part , :-? :-? :-?good luck with it .
Colin

Time to get up andd get going.......todays bad decisions aren't going to make themselves!!!

More
11 years 11 months ago #83158 by Coupeute
Thats a neat truck. If you are happy, thats all that matters. Keep the pics coming as you bring her back to life. Dave

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
11 years 11 months ago #83159 by v8 inter nut
Will do. I will get it brought over this week and give her a hose off and put a few more pics up.

More
11 years 11 months ago #83160 by elgindale
If it goes it's not to much you don't have to restore a truck like that just use it and enjoy it .People like to see old original trucks as well as shiny ones.

More
11 years 11 months ago #83161 by mammoth
The roof might pop back, hopefully without leaving a crease, if two of you get inside and push up with your backs. Pretty common for farm trucks as the roof was stood on to stack hay or whatever. Usually water collects in the roof and rusts it out so you are doing ok with this one.

More
11 years 11 months ago #83162 by bigcam
Very true, there is more interest in an old working truck than a sh*t hot and shiney one more than often.

If it goes it's not to much you don't have to restore a truck like that just use it and enjoy it .People like to see old original trucks as well as shiny ones.

More
11 years 10 months ago #83163 by v8 inter nut
got the truck back over and tried to fire it up but no good, after a quick compression test i pulled the head off to find the valves arnt sealing. so while its at the head shop getting serviced i have started to clean it up here is some more pics

More
11 years 10 months ago #83164 by Coupeute
It's amazing how much better they look with the dust off.

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
11 years 10 months ago #83165 by v8 inter nut
The engine bay came up really good, unfortunately washing the dust off the outside has just made the dents and marks show up :'( so I'm thinking I might give it a rub back and straighten up with a couple of coats of new paint in the original colour. But im Not sure yet I keep changing my mind :-?

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds