Skip to main content

Which do you prefer ?

More
15 years 2 months ago #7238 by Andy Wright

Andy,

Will talk to one of Cliff's sales guys and see if they will go lower with the price - Kenny said she is a bit of a rust bucket!

$3000 is my limit - she will need a fair amount of work and at least parts won't be a problem if I keep Allan Brinks in mind!

Joe

Aren't they all, Joe?! Good luck, mate, she'd be pretty useful and if you've got a good source of spares...easier if she's registered still too.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #7239 by huckleberry
I just missed out on a ex army acco mk1, 1964, diesel, deceased estate, for $1500, in good nick too. :'( :'( :'(

More
15 years 2 months ago #7240 by huckleberry
the leylands and D seies are going well. ;D

Anyone know what the carrying capacity of a F600 is ?

Cheers
Huck

15 years 2 months ago #7241 by
Replied by on topic Re: Which do you prefer ?
Now Beddy in the pic thru Bruce would good with a 34 British Bedford on it's back AWSOME. Dave

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7242 by huppypuppy

Andy,

Will talk to one of Cliff's sales guys and see if they will go lower with the price - Kenny said she is a bit of a rust bucket!

$3000 is my limit - she will need a fair amount of work and at least parts won't be a problem if I keep Allan Brinks in mind!

Joe

Aren't they all, Joe?! Good luck, mate, she'd be pretty useful and if you've got a good source of spares...easier if she's registered still too.

I think it has been sold - wasn't there today! I'll rephrase that: must be in the workshop!

Joe
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by huppypuppy.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7243 by huppypuppy
Here's the truck I am thinking of replicating:

The people in the photo in order:
Closest to the camera: My uncle Kevan (who owned the truck)
RHS of the truck: My dad
LHS of the truck: My uncle from Mendooran who sold us the drilling rig

The ACCO-A models must be getting scarce - don't see many of them on the roads these days!

Joe

PS: This one was cantankerous - had to get our neighbour who came down with his Fiat 513R tractor to pull the old girl backwards out of the creek so Dad could clutch start her! Battery died on them at the most inappropriate time!
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by huppypuppy.

More
15 years 2 months ago #7244 by kennymopar2
i think the acco "A" often had air over nothing brakes?

More
15 years 2 months ago #7245 by huppypuppy

i think the acco "A" often had air over nothing brakes?

Kenny,

This one had bloody good brakes - stand on the stop pedal reasonably hard and she would near end up on her nose! The electrics were the big problem! When my uncle pulled up anywhere with this truck, he would have to disconnect the negative battery terminal to prevent the battery from going flat - the battery did die on them on this occasion....

Bloody rustbucket Fiat 513R tractor pulled it out of the creek backwards for me old man to do a reverse gear clutch start - me old man drove it up the street we live in and, boy, was it fun! It had the 5 speed manual gearbox with the 2 speed Eaton diff - she sat on a nice calm 1500 - 2300 rpm the whole time! Before I forget to mention - this truck had the German D358 Neuss Diesel in it!

Joe

15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #7246 by
Replied by on topic Re: Which do you prefer ?

Before I forget to mention - this truck had the German D358 Neuss Diesel in it!

No, you already did .... Here..... ;D ;D

I am thinking of is a 1850/B with a turbo 6.354 Perkins - the only problem is that I want mine to look like a rellie's former 1830/A which had the German D358 diesel.....

More
15 years 2 months ago #7247 by huppypuppy
VK3UAO,

Thanks for correcting me - sh!ts me right up the freaking wall when I do that!

Joe

Time to create page: 0.494 seconds