15 years 1 month ago #7745 by Swishy

AtkiPete
GuddayM8

'Az I no it'
LOL
I aint seen no truck without trailer control handle
May B sum odd spots to mount it
unless it's specd up for rigid only

most yanky type trucks have a proportinin valve th@ regulates something like 60% of brakeing to primover n 40% to trailer on each jab of the brake foot pedal
to check trailer with tug test jist idle along in 1st n pull out (or is it in on new gear) trailer control doo wacky, normally the pritty colored button on the dash or where ever
also most trailers have maxi type spring brakes on axles nowasdayz
also sum weird plumbin on new gear as the truck parking brake button has to B charged to get trailer control button to release said trailer brakes

ButEyeDo................................
cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 month ago #7746 by atkipete
Swishy ,Dunno about the Yankee trucks, they used to have the black tap, red tap and Yellow tap, then the little control wheel plus the handle. Pity if you were colourblind.
I have driven a lot of Volvos and they have recently got rid of the trailer brake handle on the prime movers. They have disc brakes on the prime mover and probably designed to be hooked up to a new trailer with discs and ABS.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #7747 by huppypuppy

Swishy ,Dunno about the Yankee trucks, they used to have the black tap, red tap and Yellow tap, then the little control wheel plus the handle. Pity if you were colourblind.
I have driven a lot of Volvos and they have recently got rid of the trailer brake handle on the prime movers. They have disc brakes on the prime mover and probably designed to be hooked up to a new trailer with discs and ABS.

Pete,

Most European trucks today have Electronic Braking Systems (or EBS) which replaces mechanical service application with electronics for actuation of the air circuit!

Joe

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds