Skip to main content

Weigh Bridges? National Fatigue stuff etc?

More
15 years 1 week ago #7956 by bparo
sounds like the system in WA is similar to our current system where it can be used for club events or with a permit from the club. There is no limit on the numer of days only that you can't use the vehicle for a 'commercial purpose'.

This has been interpreted to mean you can not carry goods to a Swap Meet to sell as that is a Comercial Purpose but you candrive toa swap meet to purchase items. - Of course you need to be pulled over 1st for it to be an issue :)

Oure system doesn't insist on annual checks but some clubs do before they will sign your paperwork to go to vicroads

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago - 15 years 1 week ago #7957 by GM Diesel
JBlair,

Your all set to go once you :

Make sure your not overloaded
Make sure your tyres are rated for your load
Make sure your trailer is on full licence
Make sure your trailer isnt overloaded
Make sure your trailer tyres are rated for the load
Make sure you have your national boiler attendant 's ticket
Make sure your have your boiler coded in SA
Make sure your straps are rated correctly
Make sure your straps arent frayed or damaged
Make sure your straps arnt twisted.
Make sure you stop at weighbridge if instructed
Make sure you stop at weighbridge if sign says all trucks must stop
Make sure you dont cross border into WA
Make sure you have club magazine with sanctioned event listed
Make sure you have club licence papers in glovebox
Make sure you dont fruit when crossing border.
Make sure your not taking any thing to sell for profit
And make sure chooks have enough water for while your away

HAVE A NICE TRIP ;D :D

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.
Last edit: 15 years 1 week ago by GM Diesel.

• Topic Author
15 years 1 week ago #7958 by
Thanks for the summary! ;D ;D

The first two not sure about but should be OK! :-/

The trailer should be ok. 8-)

My ticket and the Boiler should be fine. 8-)

Next three related to straps. Generally I don't use straps on very heavy stuff like my portable. Use the good old chain and dogs. Of course ensuring that the dogs are tied down and excess chain also tied up. But very useful to know about the straps. As I know Bparo uses straps alot on his inter.

The next 2 will do! As if they chase me down I think they should be able to catch me very easily and would cost me! ;D

Can't afford to drive the inter all the way to WA. I would need to take a tanker with me to get between some of the petrol stops anyway! :D

Next 2 are not a problem as my inter is on full rego! 8-) This includes taking things for selling. But assure you my steam engine won't be!

Taking fruit over the border. Don't think I'm going to have any room left on the truck and trailer for much in the way of food! :o

As for the chooks. Don't have any at home nor any pets. The only thing needing water is the garden! ;D And since I don't water it at the moment anyway. Don't think I will worry about it! 8-)

Thanks guys for clearing up the weigh bridge part. Hopefully I don't come across any open. But if I do will assume it means me!

Thanks!

• Topic Author
15 years 1 week ago #7959 by
JB, the only other thing that should worry you is that you are not over 12 ton gross and this includes the trailer if so you will need a log book.

The other thing is combinded weight of truck and trailer and stationary cant exceeded your gross amount on the sticker . Best of luck Dave

More
15 years 1 week ago #7960 by bparo
for information the trailer he is borrowing weighs about 220kg and has a rating to carry 750hg (it is only a 6x4) so the trailer should be the least of his problems.

It has also just been rewired and bearings greased so it should be trouble free

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

• Topic Author
15 years 1 week ago #7961 by
Well I would expect that a 3 ton truck with a 3 ton steam engine. Plus a 6x4 trailer (which wont be at max gvm!) should be under the "Sticker" weight of the truck. Which is just under 7 ton. ;)

Which thankfully is a bit under 12 ton. As those log books don't appear to be very forgiving in getting them right!

More
15 years 1 week ago #7962 by kennymopar2
basically in vic if the truck is over 4.5 gvm and the wankers are open then you need to line up ..in nsw its over 8 ton gvm ..also the random (part time RTA "weighbridges")in nsw can pull in anything over 4.5gvm..also many small country towns have the local constabulary checking logbooks ...but you dont need to worry about that

More
15 years 1 week ago #7963 by bparo
Jblair,

your truck will have 2 weights one for what the truck can carry and towing rating as well. As long as you don't exceed that rating you will be fine.

By taking some load off the truck and putting it on a 6x4 behind you are actually ensuring the weights on the truck are within its rated capacity and ensuring you are legal

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds