Skip to main content

Hello - new to forum

More
11 years 5 months ago #97444 by create
Replied by create on topic Re: Hello - new to forum
Many moons ago I did my apprenticeship in spray painting. I think I can scratch the grey matter and get the gun out again. I dont have a shed big enough at present to paint it.

1966 Ford K700 ~ 5.4L Diesel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #97445 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Re: Hello - new to forum
Here's one from the SA club, different but similar

Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Tacho.

More
11 years 5 months ago #97446 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Hello - new to forum
The Ford K Series got their name because they were designed and originally built in Koln (Cologne), Germany.

As a matter of interest, the German models had V4 and V6 two-stroke diesel engines.

More
11 years 5 months ago #97447 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Hello - new to forum

The Ford K Series got their name because they were designed and originally built in Koln (Cologne), Germany.

As a matter of interest, the German models had V4 and V6 two-stroke diesel engines.

Hey Vic, What breed were the V motors???????

EMNTK ;)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 5 months ago #97448 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Hello - new to forum
Hayseed, I believe they were Ford's own motors, at any rate they were branded Ford. Ford Germany were very familiar with V4 and V6 engines as they used them in all the German Ford cars for many tears.

More
11 years 5 months ago #97449 by FatBob103
Replied by FatBob103 on topic Re: Hello - new to forum
My father bought a K700 to use as a Super Spreader in 1964. It was good at that and very popular in WA for use as a Super Spreading truck. The work was tough on the trucks tho. After seven years the police stopped Dad and put a yellow sticker on the truck. There was so much wrong with it their minds that they put on the sticker as a fault the only thing that was working - the brakes. Dad was about to get rid of it and it was actually on its last load. It went to the wreckers shortly afterwards. I am trying to find a photo of it but don't hold your breath.
The Trader had the same cab but came before the K series and was different in other respects. There was a K700 (7 tonne) and a K500 (5 tonne).
I saw a K700 sell at a clearing sale over here recently (Kojonup way) for $5000. I know of several still toiling away in rural WA.
If I recall the D series came out shortly after the K series. The slant engine in the early D series caused a few issues.
They were an honest truck - but quite basic. Very few gauges in the truck as sold. Dad spent a small fortune fitting it with more gauges to monitor it. He lost the splitter motor on the Eaton two speed diff and didn't realize until he went to change down. A new one was quicker than back tracking 100km. He drained the oil in the diff once and two pieces of crown pinion fell out - no difference in sound or performance. Truck just kept on keeping on.
He had a driver operating it for a while when he went share farming. I heard it come in to town at high revs. The driver couldn't get it out of third gear. He had managed to bounce the cab of its mounts and the cab slid forward jamming the gear stick. Good thing he didn't need reverse!! Came in like that for fifty kms.
Wouldn't mind picking one up - but I have the Dodge, the Massey and the Fordson and need to get them going.

Life is to short to drink cheap wine.  On the other hand I plan to live forever - So far so goo

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #169153 by HeyCharger
Replied by HeyCharger on topic Hello - new to forum
Got mine registered and out for a run. First time in 36 years. She has 23,000miles on the clock.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #169155 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Hello - new to forum
and I bet it feels good its on the road maybe a tad slow but think of all the extra stuff you see
well done

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #222503 by daveus6
Replied by daveus6 on topic Hello - new to forum
Mine doesnt quite measure up :-(

The red one has a new home as a Tiny House.

Click on insert to get ya pictures in.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Sarge.

Time to create page: 0.481 seconds