Skip to main content

1/10/18

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #196301 by Southbound
1/10/18 was created by Southbound
So, we have new rules to work by now, apparently a 200 page book of Load Restraints to be carried in every truck. And big fines and more OH&S and COR ....
Anyone gone through it all yet and want to Dumb it down for me?
As this is NHVR are we all playing by the same rules nationwide? (Except WA of course!) I have also seen some new NHVR number plates, and don't they look nice! :whistle:
It would have been nice for VicRoads to put something in the post to advise us 'Steering Wheel Attendants' that they have moved the goal posts. :evil:

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Southbound.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #196320 by olfrt
Replied by olfrt on topic 1/10/18
I've checked VicRoads pages and NHVR pages and am none the wiser. If anything, more confused. A whole heap of new regulations came into force on 1-10-18.

To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

More
5 years 6 months ago #196760 by olfrt
Replied by olfrt on topic 1/10/18
So, no-one else is any the wiser either??

To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

More
5 years 6 months ago #196762 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic 1/10/18
I passed a 3 tonner operated by South East Water a couple of days ago. Painted along the combing was the message "Rotating shafts underneath." Now, who would ever have thought a truck would have a tailshaft? Whatever will truck manufacturers think of next?
The message made no mention that to get to the terribly dangerous tailshaft, you would have to get under the hot muffler and exhaust pipe, both of which were between the sign and the shaft!

Nanny State gone crazy.

Me at my sarcastic best. :huh:

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

More
5 years 6 months ago #196763 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic 1/10/18
Sounds like the agriculture teacher at the local school a while back. Year 10 students would learn about the tractor at the school and get their "tractor licence", and then be allowed to plant the crops etc. Anyhow, while still in the classroom going through the pre-start checklist, this teacher stressed to his students that they must be very very careful not to get their fingers caught in the fan while they are checking the engine oil. One fairly switched on young lad asked "but why would the fan be going around when we are checking the oil?", the teacher replied "ahh yes, well........, good point, disregard that last statement".......................

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
5 years 6 months ago #196765 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic 1/10/18
Latest iz a stiker on outside of cab near door xplain n how to get in / out of cab

Think n bout time truck owners complain n get a discount on rego for all the curfews and lane restrictions etc
(any body twould think we are all out joy ride n)

The idea of NHVR is to bring all the states in line for cross border n
& now they seem to B driftin apart on some instanses n go n there own way

WotSezU

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
5 years 6 months ago #196768 by Fill
Replied by Fill on topic 1/10/18
A number of years ago, at my sons school.I was asked if I could help with a wood work project. I had to get a working with children's card. I thought that was fair enough. But the kids had a three page test, on how to use a hammer with no harm to them , or others

More
5 years 6 months ago #196769 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic 1/10/18
Morris, what you failed to mention, that after getting past the hot muffler and exhaust pipe, the truck would have to be in motion, as in driving down the road for the shaft to be turning.

More
5 years 6 months ago #196770 by jon_d
Replied by jon_d on topic 1/10/18
even so..... the sign is still needed to warn them as the go under.

was there a crush zone warnings in front of the wheels?

• BillyP
  • I wish i could remember all the things i have forgotten...
More
5 years 6 months ago #196771 by BillyP
Replied by BillyP on topic 1/10/18

wee-allis wrote: Morris, what you failed to mention, that after getting past the hot muffler and exhaust pipe, the truck would have to be in motion, as in driving down the road for the shaft to be turning.

I think that would be in case you run over someone ,that they dont put their arms up and get their hands caught in the rotating shaft...…..???????
But, then you would think the warning sign should be on the bottom of the sump so they could see it.??????????
…………………..Billy...……………...

I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING & STILL HAVE MOST OF IT.........................

I used to be a truck driver,
but i am now not a truck driver ,
on a good day i can remember
that i used to be a truck driver.

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds