Skip to main content

Latest time waster project - 63 Utility

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #250266 by cobbadog
Turns out this is a lot earlier than I thought. It is a 1963 model. I have another one under the house which looks in good nick too.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #250267 by cobbadog
Thanks for the updated info with year 1963

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #250303 by cobbadog
Watching paint dry day. Wrong colour but light green hammertone not available.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Mrsmackpaul, Normanby, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #250317 by cobbadog
Today I started to reassemble the frame but thete was a small area where the engine sits that had a small amount of rejection. So I rubbed that back n fitted tge axles which means paint touch up on the bolts. So with some nice paint on the areas needed its back to studying how paint drys, very bloody slowly I can tell you. Assembled the fuel tank to cowel as well. Ass

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Morris, Lang, Normanby, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

More
3 months 1 week ago #250350 by cobbadog
Been looking at why the handle bars would not stay locked in position even though they were not meant to be on this frame, I decided on a quick fix, make a clevis pin n lock it that way. Cleaned the wheels up a bit more but one looked bad so they all got painted on the inside only. So now I have a rolling chassis ready to drop the engine back on.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
3 months 1 week ago #250352 by asw120
That model of height adjuster always seem to be stripped, or look OK until you actually try to use it and keeps slipping. Mine has a screw through it.
Hopefully yours is OK.

Nice work, Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 months 1 week ago #250357 by cobbadog
Hi Jarrod, this height adjuster is still in as new condition with no wear marks at all. Might be an indication that the mower has had little use. It was a shame about fitting the extra clevis pin but it has solved the problem and only the keen eyed buffs will pick it. For me it just a problem solved.

The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120

More
3 months 1 week ago #250363 by Morris
Cobbadog,
Yesterday, on our way to the Truck and Machinery show at Lardner Park (second year at that location) by the Trafalgar Truck Restorer's Club, 154 trucks plus many cars, stationery engines and steam machines and that was on Saturday. The main day is Sunday when many more are expected, a mate and I went to the Berwick Swapmeet, the only one I know of that is held on a Saturday. 

There were several early Victa mowers of different models for sale. Are they all called "toecutters?".  I looked at a spraycan paint seller but did not see any Hammertone Light Green, and if I had, I don't know how I would get them to you. Australia Post would not accept them.

As another mate would say, we went around four sides of a triangle to get to both events, and that is after I went to the first meeting for the year of the Morris Register of Victoria on the Friday evening.

Regards to you and Cobbarette.

Morris.

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
3 months 1 week ago #250364 by cobbadog
All the early models were generally called toe cutters. That is models that had the pressed metal bases like model 1, 2 n early 18 like the model 4 I did. Once that later alloy bases came along with grass catchers the sides were closed in.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
3 months 1 week ago #250365 by cobbadog
All assembled but discovered a leaky condensor so no noise today. Already fitted tge film capacitor n checked the system so hopefully tomorrow.

The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Lang, LN700, Normanby, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, PDU, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.743 seconds